Breakaway balcony room 9736?

taytaysmom1019

We are sailing to Bermuda on the Breakaway this Sunday. We are in balcony 9736. Can anyone tell me what to expect, as it looks like we are on a corner or diagonal part of the ship? Is this room good or bad, balcony small or larger? Is it aft and what does that mean? First time cruiser and not sure about how to choose a room[emoji1] we don't plan on spending too much time in it so it's not of huge concern but any honest input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

ImageUploadedByForums1430225691.829885.jpg.a9c791f3fbc90019c33c96bae40211c2.jpg

It's Forward, Starboard side, regular room-sized but extended balcony, with 2 chairs & a small round table (instead of a micro-small end table) to sit outside on. Noise isn't a problem but on the Atlantic crossing in rough seas, you might feel some motion - we had 15' large waves but it was just fine for us since you are in a mega ship. It's somewhat of a long walk from the FWD elevators & stairs.

Our cabin was deck 10 - #10712 that's above the section with extended balconies, look under my SIGnature recent review for the Breakaway as you will find plenty of photos & info on these typical balconies.

Thanks so much for the info! So what is your opinion- is this a good room? Should I ask my TA to change it or go with it? We would like to make use of our balcony and hope that it will be sunny and warm to sit on. Great if it's bigger but not so great if it's awkward or very windy/shady. How do I check out your pictures? Could you send me a link? I'd love to see them! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
I have the same room on the Getaway (apparently the same rooms on both ships) so I really want to hear how you like it when you get back!

Hi emilyreid09! We had a great time on the breakaway and loved our room! We were in 9736 and had a corner balcony. It was larger than the ones next to us and we had a lounge chair which other balconies didn't. So in total we had two chairs, a small table and a lounger. We had a larger divider on the left where the balcony came to the corner. I guess some could say it caused an obstructed view but to us it added a little bit more privacy. If you were at the real when you could easily see past it. The location of the room wasn't too far from the elevators, forward. But quite a walk from the aft elevators. We spent a lot of time in spice H2O which is aft so coming and going from there was a little bit of a hike but nothing to complain about. All in all, a great trip, great room, great service and a wonderful time on the breakaway. Hope you have a great time as well!