Finally Booked the Breeze Feb 2016

GoofyCdn

After much hemming and hawing and fighting between the wife and myself on which cruise to take we finally booked the Breeze for Feb 7, 2016. Actually there was no fighting, there are just too many choices out there for what cruise to take.

My wife did a Carnival cruise 20 years ago, and we have done one together in 2013 with RCL on the Majesty of the Seas. Our 13 year old daughter will be joining us again for this cruise. She enjoyed the Majesty as that cruise was short, but hit a port everyday. We wanted a cruise with a couple of sea days and a newer ship. This will also hopefully be a surprise for my daughter if we can keep the excitement inside.

I do have one question. Our last cruise we just used my daughter's birth certificate for identification. That cruise only went to the Bahamas, and Key West. This one is Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Will the birth certificate be enough?

Only 282 days, let the countdown begin!

After much hemming and hawing and fighting between the wife and myself on which cruise to take we finally booked the Breeze for Feb 7, 2016. Actually there was no fighting, there are just too many choices out there for what cruise to take.

My wife did a Carnival cruise 20 years ago, and we have done one together in 2013 with RCL on the Majesty of the Seas. Our 13 year old daughter will be joining us again for this cruise. She enjoyed the Majesty as that cruise was short, but hit a port everyday. We wanted a cruise with a couple of sea days and a newer ship. This will also hopefully be a surprise for my daughter if we can keep the excitement inside.

I do have one question. Our last cruise we just used my daughter's birth certificate for identification. That cruise only went to the Bahamas, and Key West. This one is Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Will the birth certificate be enough?

Yes! i just booked the same cruise last night with my fiancé! we are way too excited, it needs to be february now!

bump for your question, hopefully someone can answer

Yes! i just booked the same cruise last night with my fiancé! we are way too excited, it needs to be february now!

bump for your question, hopefully someone can answer

Can't be February yet! I have a Walt Disney World trip in two weeks. Once that is over and I'm home and feeling the blues of being home, then time can quickly move to February.

It is always 'recommended' for anyone traveling out of the country to have a passport....ok, we know, BUT to answer your question, she is just fine to travel with Birth Certificate and picture ID (Driver's License). You are going on a 'closed-loop' cruise, so yes, she will be fine. Enjoy your cruise, you will not be disappointed with the Breeze, she is wonderful!!!

She's only 13 and we can't get a picture ID/non-driver's license in Ontario. At least that I can tell on any site. We may just go with a passport as they aren't too expensive at her age.

I have been looking at everyone's trip reports on the breeze. Feel like I already know her pretty well!

Treat her well. I will be on the Breeze just 3 weeks after you!

Are you on the 8 day Eastern Caribbean? I almost booked that one. Maybe next time we'll get to those ports.

Passports cost a little money, but if you were stranded on some tropical island without one and needed to fly home, it could cost a lot more than just a hundred dollars. I would make up some plausible reason why to get a passport - all the cool kids have one? In case you want to venture into the US? Just because...good enough reason. We have children younger than your daughter and make sure we have passports. For us, not worth the risk (not to mention that our children are adopted and look nothing like us. Our daughter is Venezuelan by birth, we were stopped in San Juan and she was questioned about who her parents are (us).

Like I said, a birth certificate and photo ID is okay, but I'd rather not take the risk.