Help! Quick Question - we cruise Sunday!

DH and I are avid "fan" people. We bought (still in the box) a small battery-operated fan.

Do we need to have that in our check-in luggage (for fear they would take it out of our suitcase if checked)???

Thanks!

I have a plug in/battery operated light-weight fan that has been on every cruise with me - which means it isn't new and isn't in the box. It is lightweight because I plug in and don't use the battery option but, even so, I still pack in 'check luggage' just because I don't want something else to lug around. Never had anyone, including stewards, question it. Of course, I bring extension cord and power strip. Don't worry about it, unbox it (hard to pack still in box??), pack it, and sail :) have fun!

DH and I are avid "fan" people. We bought (still in the box) a small battery-operated fan.

Do we need to have that in our check-in luggage (for fear they would take it out of our suitcase if checked)???

Thanks!

I have seen people on other cruises that bring a small fan for their cabin. I don't know whether they were battery operated or plug in but I don't think that matters. Give it a shot. :D

Thanks!

Probably safer to put in checked luggage

I've a light weight 7 inch USB powered fan that folds and goes easily into my backpack along with my Belkin power "strip" that I always bring that provides the USB power for the fan.

Last cruise, I packed an 8-inch 02 Cool fan ($20ish at Walmart) that was battery operated or plug-in. I just packed it in a middle layer in my suitcase and didn't have any problems with security. I didn't even bring batteries for it as they are expensive and heavy (it took six D) and plugged it up every night. Our steward didn't say anything to us about it and no one ever asked.

This is the one I have. It's not as powerful as a box fan obviously and the whir is a bit higher pitched, but I was able to sleep through the night without any problems. It's become my travel companion for any overnight trip I go on -- I used to carry an extra box fan with me to hotels but this is much easier, not to mention no more weird looks :)

http://www.o2-cool.com/8-Inch-Portable-Fan-with-AC-Adapter-fd08005a?page_id=847

I always bring a large box fan on our cruises. I purchase one new for under $20, so there is never a question about it's safety. I print out a luggage tag, and attach it to the box and check it with our luggage. I have never been questioned or had a problem. I hope this helps!