Liberty suite or Allure balcony

Hello all! We (family of 5, 3 kids, 17, 14, 12 and 2 grandparents) will be going on our first cruise next March (Easter). We have a Royal Family Suite booked on Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas, which will be recently renovated at that time (Jan.). We're now questioning if 2 balcony rooms or ocean view rooms on the Allure (also upcoming renovation) would be better. Allure better ship? Or better to have suite benefits/space? Liberty will have 3 stops: Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel. Allure is going to the Bahamas. Not sure what to do as I am trying to plan for best cruise possible for all in family, likely only cruise grandparents will ever be on. Also, most reviews for Allure are excellent, Liberty reviews very mixed. Thanks for the help!

Hello all! We (family of 5, 3 kids, 17, 14, 12 and 2 grandparents) will be going on our first cruise next March (Easter). We have a Royal Family Suite booked on Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas, which will be recently renovated at that time (Jan.). We're now questioning if 2 balcony rooms or ocean view rooms on the Allure (also upcoming renovation) would be better. Allure better ship? Or better to have suite benefits/space? Liberty will have 3 stops: Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel. Allure is going to the Bahamas. Not sure what to do as I am trying to plan for best cruise possible for all in family, likely only cruise grandparents will ever be on. Also, most reviews for Allure are excellent, Liberty reviews very mixed. Thanks for the help!

I would stick with Liberty. We are just off her and, while not as large as Allure, there was still plenty to do. If it were me, I would appreciate the suite benefits. Plus, if the only stop for Allure is the Bahamas, the Liberty is going better places in my opinion. In addition, there is much more square feet in the Family Suite vs. two Balcony rooms. If space is of concern, that is another win for Liberty.

Good luck choosing!!

The balcony cabins on Allure are small. You will love the space in the Royal Family Suite. I just got off the Liberty on the 25th and had a JS. I really loved it. There are more food options on Allure, but I found the food on Liberty very good and still plenty of options. I loved both ships, but having the Royal Family Suite, really Sweet.

Have fun which ever cruise you pick

Irene

Go for the Royal Family Suite ... you won't regret it. If it's anything close to the Royal Family Suite we visited when we were on the Grandeur, it's an amazing space. We were in a GS on the Grandeur and made friends with the family that had the aft Royal Family Suite on our sailing.

There is just no comparison to adjoining balcony cabins. BTW, I also had a JS on the Liberty and my family was in adjoining balconies ... there space was definitely rather snug.

Edited by emeraldcity

Allure is a bigger, but Liberty's stops are so much better.

Liberty also has the new 3D theater, outdoor movie screen and some of the same activities your teens would use on Allure like Flo-rida, rock climbing wall, minigolf.

I'd stay with Liberty for the ports alone.

Normally for me Allure would trump all, but I just don't enjoy the Bahamas. Liberty is nice and there's plenty to do. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either. I had a balcony on both and liked the room on Liberty better. Have a great cruise!