What's in walking distance of Port of Baltimore?

We will be on the Pride next week for a B2B. In between cruises, is there anything within walking distance of the cruise terminal? Attractions and is there a grocery/liquor/Rite Aid type of store within walking distance to pick up anything we need? TIA

Don't know if you want to walk it, but that plaza with the grocery store and rite aid, etc is pretty close up Key Highway and left at E Fort. It's all in, about a mile walk unless there is any short cuts that save having to go all the way around the plaza, which faces the other way. A cab would be quick and cheap though.

Thank you. Looks interesting! Would you advise walking or getting a taxi?

There will be some heavy traffic due to the cruise ship and people from the neighborhood but you could walk it.

You can get an idea by pitting in McHenry Row in Google maps

There will be some heavy traffic due to the cruise ship and people from the neighborhood but you could walk it.

You can get an idea by pitting in McHenry Row in Google maps

Okay, thanks again. We are doing the PC, Nassau and Freeport cruise the "lst leg" and will probably stay on the ship all week. Have been to those ports dozens of times. So maybe I will be ready to get off the ship and explore a little when we are back in Baltimore and pick up a few essentials before the 2nd leg of the cruise. ;)

Thank you. Looks interesting! Would you advise walking or getting a taxi?

I would get a taxi. There is a major highway you'd have to cross under and there aren't many wide sidewalks, if any. It's a very industrial area but the McHenry Row shopping center is nice.

If you walk out of the terminal you will be walking on a grassy plot until you ge tothe intersection which is controlled by a traffic light. When you cross the intersection there is wide sidewalk beginning at the intersection all the way to McHenry Row.

The chocie is yours but I would have no problem walking there.

Edited by Tony O

I would get a taxi. There is a major highway you'd have to cross under and there aren't many wide sidewalks, if any. It's a very industrial area but the McHenry Row shopping center is nice.

If you walk out of the terminal you will be walking on a grassy plot until you ge tothe intersection which is controlled by a traffic light. When you cross the intersection there is wide sidewalk beginning at the intersection all the way to McHenry Row.

The chocie is yours but I would have no problem walking there.

Okay, thank you both. I will have to see what kind of mood I am in and what the weather is like! :p Can I assume that there is no problem getting a taxi BACK to the ship? Maybe walk there and taxi back! ;);)

Yes you will probably have a problem getting a taxi back to port as this shopping center is either walking or driving by car destination. The other option is to call the taxi company and wait for one to be dispatched.

Edited by Tony O