Just back from Getaway (April 25-May 2)

pambo

We were on last week! Brought food back to my mom in her room from buffet. I also brought her our leftovers from Cagneys. They wrapped it nicely and gave her fresh mushrooms. From the buffet we would just cover a plate with a plate worked great.

Because it was 3am, I was there alone and my mother was in our cabin, I wanted to take a burger and fries back to eat on my balcony before bed. Instead I ate there by myself as quickly as I could and headed back to my room. I would have enjoyed my meal better in my room with my book in my PJs :)

Agreed. I can see it now.......late night diners there in their PJ's and/or bathrobes and slippers eating.

Harriet

Just a quick note...the shuttle that we took from Homewood Suites on Griffin Road was through a transportation company - not through the hotel. It was a shared ride. There was already one couple in the shuttle when we got in....then after us, we picked up one more couple. On the return trip, the driver dropped the airport passengers off first - then dropped us off at the hotel. I thought I'd mention this in case some have issues with shared rides. The company we used is QLS. We were on the road home by 11:00 am.

We were on the same cruise and used room service for breakfast twice. Both times the bacon, scrambled eggs and coffee were hot, like it had been brought up straight from the kitchen. Paid $7.95 both times but felt it was well worth it. I was impressed by the quality of food.:)

We were on the same cruise and used room service for breakfast twice. Both times the bacon, scrambled eggs and coffee were hot, like it had been brought up straight from the kitchen. Paid $7.95 both times but felt it was well worth it. I was impressed by the quality of food.:)

unnamed.jpg

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/521/ncl.jpg

ncl.jpg

Edited by peppygirl

Can't wait to read more - do they have the Latitudes parties on the Getaway? Anyone know when the reception for the Silver + members is? Trying to make dinner reservations and don't want to double book :)

Edited by Tricialy

Can't wait to read more - do they have the Latitudes parties on the Getaway? Anyone know when the reception for the Silver + members is? Trying to make dinner reservations and don't want to double book :)

They had one Latitude's Party. It was on Monday evening around 7:00. It was held at Spice H2O. We did not attend as we had reservations at Le Bistro and availability was pretty slim for the remainder of the week.

Pambo - I was on the Getaway April 18 - 25 . We were in 13908 .Did you have that room ? We took food back from O Sheenans as well . We ate there like 5 times . Once my daughter went down to get breakfast for us while I was in the room getting ready for the day in St Maarten . Another time we ordered appatizers from O Sheenans to take back to the room - was late and wanted out of my chair bad !

Pambo - I was on the Getaway April 18 - 25 . We were in 13908 .Did you have that room ? We took food back from O Sheenans as well . We ate there like 5 times . Once my daughter went down to get breakfast for us while I was in the room getting ready for the day in St Maarten . Another time we ordered appatizers from O Sheenans to take back to the room - was late and wanted out of my chair bad !

No, we were in 13284.....great location.

My wife and I were on this cruise. She took food to the room from O'sheehans multiple times and had no problem. Same as one poster said Clarence was by far the best bartender. Yellow bird drink was awesome.