Millennium Inside 9010

brainerdgal

Is Inside #9010 on the Millennium a quiet cabin?

The fitness center and spa club seem to be above it, although I can't tell for sure from the deck plans if they are directly above.

Any insight into the quietness or general location of this cabin welcome!

Is Inside #9010 on the Millennium a quiet cabin?

The fitness center and spa club seem to be above it, although I can't tell for sure from the deck plans if they are directly above.

Any insight into the quietness or general location of this cabin welcome!

Found this prior thread - hope it helps and hope the link works! Happy cruising

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1979394

Thanks! It looks like that thread is a false hit. Someone did mention 9010, but later realized they meant to say 9110. The cabins they're discussing in that thread are farther back and not located under the fitness center. Anyone else?

Jerseygirl1983, thanks for the link, even if it didn't give the answer for our cabin! I tried a search and nothing turned up...

Anyone?!

Sorry about that. I scoured the net for you as well...couldnt find anything. Hopefully someone will chime in!

I'm sticking with my choice, because I've never had an inside cabin before, and so the idea of being able to pop up one flight of stairs and be on deck anytime I want is very appealing to me.

I've also been scouring the net for this issue, which leads me to believe it's not really a problem, or I would have found some complaints by now. The only thing I did find is a complaint from someone on an S-class ship, who said half the equipment in the fitness center was roped off before 9 am because it was directly over cabins. My husband and I are always up by 7:30, so that's good enough for me!

Being so close to the deck was appealing to us as well, and one reason I put a hold on that cabin. We'll also be up early if for no other reason than the 3-hour time difference...and you're probably right that it must not be a major issue or it would have been posted somewhere. All that being said, I chickened out because I didn't want to take a chance on annoying noise in case we're in the cabin. :rolleyes:

Have a wonderful cruise, and please report back!

• 5 months later...

We're back from our cruise on the Summit, and I'm happy to report that there was absolutely no noise from overhead in 9007. The ceiling seemed to be made of extra-thick noise-reducing tiles. I'm not sure if this is the norm in all cabins on the Summit or not, but in any case, they did their job and we didn't hear a thing from above.

That being said, there were two (very) slight issues with noise in this cabin. First of all, since the cabin has a connecting door, you could sometimes hear the people next door more than normal. They seemed to be pretty quiet most of the time, so it wasn't really an issue, but on a different kind of cruise, it might have been.

Second, there's a crew door at the end of the hallway. We would often see officers in the hallway as we left or returned to our room, so we speculated that the door led to the bridge. Most of the time there wasn't too much noise from this door, but at certain times (shift changes?) many people would pass through within the space of a few minutes, and we got to hear the door slam each time! We're sound sleepers, so it didn't bother us, but if a slamming door would rouse you from your sleep, you would want to consider this, since the bridge is a 24/7 operation.

In the future, when you want to know what is over/under your cabin, go to http://www.cruisedeckplans.com and click on Drag Decks. Then you can left click on the deck over your cabin, drag it over your cabin, matching the stairwells, and as long as you keep holding the left button down, you can see through the top deck and see your cabin.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Celebrity-Summit&zoom=1