Cabin selection help please, AFT or forward

Hi All

Im looking at booking explorer for march next year. We have only even traveled in interior midship, lower deck cabins previously however ive just looked at explorers deck plans and there are no interior midship cabins that have 2 x pullmans beds in them so that leaves me with forward or AFT facing. Which is better please?

We dont seem to have any issues with seasickness as we just got back from Radiance without any issues.

Hi All

Im looking at booking explorer for march next year. We have only even traveled in interior midship, lower deck cabins previously however ive just looked at explorers deck plans and there are no interior midship cabins that have 2 x pullmans beds in them so that leaves me with forward or AFT facing. Which is better please?

We dont seem to have any issues with seasickness as we just got back from Radiance without any issues.

You will not regret choosing deck 7 in the interior corridor if it is available. 7433, 7437, 7339, 7331. I sailed the EX many many times and this was my favorite location. I've had insides on decks 7-10. It's a mid deck with easy access up and down. With 4 people the Library area (assuming they didn't cannibalize it in the refit) is accessible from the inside corridor through the emergency door which in effect gives you a "living room" area for folks to escape to without going very far. These cabins are close to the aft elevators which service all the food venues except the Cafe Promenade Plus the pool deck and Studio B. The inside corridor is super low traffic as well.

Edited by 138east

Thankyou! i was actually looking at that section as it seems to be the closest to midship. Problem is we need 3 rooms together hopefully they have them available! Close to elevators and stairs are also important. Otherwise deck 6 in same location looks ok too but worried about noise from promeade. Deck 7 would be much better i think!

You will not regret choosing deck 7 in the interior corridor if it is available. 7433, 7437, 7339, 7331. I sailed the EX many many times and this was my favorite location. I've had insides on decks 7-10. It's a mid deck with easy access up and down. With 4 people the Library area (assuming they didn't cannibalize it in the refit) is accessible from the inside corridor through the emergency door which in effect gives you a "living room" area for folks to escape to without going very far. These cabins are close to the aft elevators which service all the food venues except the Cafe Promenade Plus the pool deck and Studio B. The inside corridor is super low traffic as well.
Edited by clm1982

Thankyou! i was actually looking at that section as it seems to be the closest to midship. Problem is we need 3 rooms together hopefully they have them available! Close to elevators and stairs are also important. Otherwise deck 6 in same location looks ok too but worried about noise from promeade. Deck 7 would be much better i think!

When I had one of those cabins, I always accessed the room through the library. Very rarely walked the corridors. If I was tired of my room, I could just go sit in the library which had great furniture. Don't know if that survived the refit. That end of the promenade is much more quiet. The music and activities are all based at the other end near the Cafe Promenade.

Edited by 138east

My DW and I always book an Aft cabin and love it. It has been our experience that you feel less movement in that location. When we booked our first cruise we were told to get a cabin in the middle of the ship and we also experienced no problems. Have a great cruise. I need to wait to cruise on the Oasis again in Mar 2016. Hope time flies.