Legend Grand Suite Room 6182

debbyruss

Going on our first Alaskan cruise in August (and second cruise to anywhere)! Just now got it booked! Does anyone know if the balcony in room 6182 (Grand Suite on Empress deck) is completely covered (which I think would be great in Alaska)? And how bad is the view looking back from this balcony? Looks like we won't be able to look back, but is that really a problem? :confused:So excited for this trip!

Thank you for any information! I did try searching for this, but couldn't really find anything about the balcony.

I haven't stayed in that exact cabin but in similar ones with the extended balcony.

Yes, the balcony is fully covered. The inset balconies are all a little deeper (extended) to see out over the life boats a little better. You won't be able to look straight back with the wall on your left but it will hardly be noticeable. Something would need to be really close to the ship to be at an angle where you couldn't see it. Move to the right of your balcony and lean out a little. You should be able to see everything.

Looking straight down you will likely be looking at the top of a life boat, but the extended balcony keeps the life boat from blocking much of your view. You will be able to look down at the water, just not see where it touches the ship.

It will be a great cabin for seeing Alaska. Congrates and have fun!