Can we consolidate 2 cabins with an upsell to a Haven Suite?

KiKiNJ

I got an email today for an upsell to a 2 Bdrm Haven Suite on the Breakaway. When I called I was told it would be $2000. My problem is that we currently have 2 cabins booked - 1 is a mini-suite with large balcony (M6) that my kids and I are registered in, and the other is a studio (T1) that my husband is (technically) booked in. (We actually booked the studio for our 20 yr old, but he is too young to be booked in a cabin by himself.)

Anyway, when I spoke to the rep today she said that if we cancel the studio we would lose 100% of what we paid (we are less then 2 wks out). If we keep the studio and do the upgrade for the kids and myself, then my husband will not have access to any of the Haven features.

Has anyone been able to consolidate 2 reservations into one? The only cabin on the ship that all 5 of us can fit in together is the Haven 2 Bdrm.

I feel like if we have to cancel our studio, and lose that money, then it would nice if they dropped the price of the upgrade to $1000 (instead of $2000) that way we could do everything together as a family.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

BTW: We sail on May 17th

Since you are 2 weeks out, there is no way you are going to get the money back for the studio, you are inside the cancellation window for no refund. You should however be able to add your hubby to the 2 BR suite, and still let your son have the privacy. I do believe it is possible for a person to be booked in two rooms. Call NCL, only they can help you. Oh, and BTW, welcome to Cruise Critic!!

Thank you for your response. I called NCL and we can not book one person in two cabins. We would have to cancel the studio and lose that money, in order to add my husband into our suite (if we upgrade).

I am going to wait it out and see if they drop the prices a little more...fingers crossed! Has anyone had any luck negotiating an upsell less then one week before their cruise. What % discount should I expect?

It can be done. I had two rooms booked and combined the reservations into one room. It was still a little more expensive but the accommodations were amazing. It was after final payment. I always book through NCL and have a wonderful PCC and she went to bat for me and got it done.