Ext aft question

teaach

How many significantly smaller ext afts are on Carnival ships? I have had 3 normal ext afts with the ext balcony, usually Deck 7, Carnival Glory, Miracle and Spirit. However when I booked the ext aft next to the wrap on the Breeze it was significantly smaller! It did not have a sofa area or a coffee table. The balcony was the reg ext aft size and amazing. I just booked the Sunshine and ran into the same problem I wanted to book the Sunshine, Deck7, ext aft next to the wrap, but this time I found a great PVP and I asked her about the cabin configuration. She said both ext afts next to the wraps on Deck 7 were missing the sofa and coffee table area and some tv's were mounted above the head board of the bed. You would have to watch tv laying at the foot of the bed. So you pay an extra fee for a great balcony , but your cabin is almost claustrophobic. If you want to book an ext aft, please call Carnival and ask for the exact layout of your room and make sure it has a sofa and coffee table. Generic cabin pictures will only give you an idea of what the cabin looks like, it is certainly not a guarantee! So everyone share what ext aft cabins are not as big as the normal ext afts, so cruisers will not be surprised when they first see the smaller cabin.

How many significantly smaller ext afts are on Carnival ships? I have had 3 normal ext afts with the ext balcony, usually Deck 7, Carnival Glory, Miracle and Spirit. However when I booked the ext aft next to the wrap on the Breeze it was significantly smaller! It did not have a sofa area or a coffee table. The balcony was the reg ext aft size and amazing. I just booked the Sunshine and ran into the same problem I wanted to book the Sunshine, Deck7, ext aft next to the wrap, but this time I found a great PVP and I asked her about the cabin configuration. She said both ext afts next to the wraps on Deck 7 were missing the sofa and coffee table area and some tv's were mounted above the head board of the bed. You would have to watch tv laying at the foot of the bed. So you pay an extra fee for a great balcony , but your cabin is almost claustrophobic. If you want to book an ext aft, please call Carnival and ask for the exact layout of your room and make sure it has a sofa and coffee table. Generic cabin pictures will only give you an idea of what the cabin looks like, it is certainly not a guarantee! So everyone share what ext aft cabins are not as big as the normal ext afts, so cruisers will not be surprised when they first see the smaller cabin.

We have had 3 different extended afts on the Sunshine and they all had the sofa and coffee table. We have stayed in 7329, 6377 and 6348. I was worried about 6348, (as it is right next to the aft wrap) and I have read on the cruise critic blog about it being smaller and the TV being on the wrong wall. It was the same size as the other extended afts and the TV was at the foot of the bed. No problems with any of these cabins. Will be staying in extended aft 6352 in two weeks and have an aft wrap for July 8333 (first time) and then will be trying out the Captain's Suite in September 9115 (first and only time)! And to think I used to be happy with an interior cabin.

I was worried about that when I read someone's comment about the aft cabins next to the wrap suites - we are booked in an aft next to the wrap on the Legend - but apparently Spirit class ships are not affected - thankfully! I think I would have changed our cabins prior to the cruise if I hadn't confirmed it. Sounds miserable!