Roatan, Belize, or Cozumel- best for snorkeling?

MaiTaiMary

Belize, hands down. It is the second largest barrier reef system! Plus, for the scuba divers, it's home to the big blue hole. The tour picked us up right at the ship and took us to an area where there was plenty of coral, fish, but the day I was there , the swells were high. Didn't stop us!

I couldn't find any excursions to the Blue Hole. I was told it was too far from the cruise ship to have excursions (?)

Where did you go and who did you book with?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We have been on snorkel tours at all 3 of those places, and by far my favorite was Cozumel.... If you are only going to be there for a day and if you are like us, where you prefer to snorkel off of a beach instead of rocking and rolling with the waves out in the middle of the sea, I recommend Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park. It is south of the cruise port, probably most cruise lines offer a snorkel tour there. They have a nice beach with chairs and umbrellas, drinks and food, snorkel equipment, and easy access to the water via metal steps which are located all along the beach. You can snorkel right off of the beach, there are rock ledges all along the edge, with lots of fish. There is a "swim with the dolphins" area right next to where you snorkel, and I "had a moment" with a dolphin once - - they are in a pen, and I was snorkeling right along the edge of the pen and the dolphin came up to me on the other side of the fence and stayed there looking at me, and I stayed there looking at him.... literally we starred into each others eyes for a minute. twas quite humbling.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone used cruiseexcursions.com? If so how was your experience? Looks like the have smaller, more varied excursions in all the ports I will be going to in January. Roatan, Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Belize.

Any thoughts, comments are appreciated. Thanks! and Happy Cruising