Embarkation Time?

Prost

Hi, this is my first cruise and I just receive and email from Carnival regarding embarkation on my Mexico 4 days cruise on the Imagination on 5/17. They said that my assigned check-in time is from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM in the email but what I heard from this forum is that I can go there at around noon and get on the ship in about an hour...

My question is, can I go there at noon (or before that) and get on the ship earlier or should I go there at 3:00pm per the email?

Thanks

Carnival has no such thing as an assigned check in time. Those emails are meant to spread people out so the area does not get overloaded. If the email says something about testing or immigration I might pay more attention to it.

I usually get to the port 10:00-10:30 and am on board 11:00-11:30 unless they were delayed from the prior cruise.

Carnival has no such thing as an assigned check in time. Those emails are meant to spread people out so the area does not get overloaded. If the email says something about testing or immigration I might pay more attention to it.

I usually get to the port 10:00-10:30 and am on board 11:00-11:30 unless they were delayed from the prior cruise.

Thanks, this is the full email:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL IMAGINATION

MAY 17, 2015

May 5, 2015

Hi there:

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Imagination. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

To ensure a smooth embarkation experience, we will be implementing staggered check-in windows for your cruise. Your assigned check-in time is from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM. We kindly ask that you make plans to arrive within this time frame as guests arriving outside of their assigned window may be asked to come back later or experience a longer wait time.

We highly recommend you check-in at least one hour prior to our scheduled departure time of 5:30 PM. Please keep in mind that you may not be able to embark if you arrive later than 30 minutes prior to sail time.

Lastly, if you have not yet registered for your cruise online, please take a moment to do so now as it will speed up your check-in at the pier. Visit us at www.carnival.com/BookedGuest to register and print your boarding pass.

We can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

20150416_ArleneM_Sig_200x47.jpg

Arlene Marichal

Sr. Director, Solutions and Special Services

Edited by Prost

We also got a letter before our cruise, but it said something about drills or tests. We arrived at our time, but after going through all the lines we were given boarding zones and had to sit and wait for our zone to be called. We weren't on until about 3:00.

Thanks, this is the full email:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL IMAGINATION

MAY 17, 2015

May 5, 2015

Hi there:

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Imagination. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

To ensure a smooth embarkation experience, we will be implementing staggered check-in windows for your cruise. Your assigned check-in time is from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM. We kindly ask that you make plans to arrive within this time frame as guests arriving outside of their assigned window may be asked to come back later or experience a longer wait time.

We highly recommend you check-in at least one hour prior to our scheduled departure time of 5:30 PM. Please keep in mind that you may not be able to embark if you arrive later than 30 minutes prior to sail time.

Lastly, if you have not yet registered for your cruise online, please take a moment to do so now as it will speed up your check-in at the pier. Visit us at www.carnival.com/BookedGuest to register and print your boarding pass.

We can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

20150416_ArleneM_Sig_200x47.jpg

Arlene Marichal

Sr. Director, Solutions and Special Services

This is the bogus email trying to get you there later. I would ignore it.

This is the bogus email trying to get you there later. I would ignore it.

I am no gold or Platinum so according to you, I will plan to be there at around 10:30am :)

Thanks

I am no gold or Platinum so according to you, I will plan to be there at around 10:30am :)

Thanks

That's what I did even before I was Platinum. I wanted to be in the first general boarding group and avoid the crowds.

We also got a letter before our cruise, but it said something about drills or tests. We arrived at our time, but after going through all the lines we were given boarding zones and had to sit and wait for our zone to be called. We weren't on until about 3:00.

So what time did you arrive?

I'm curious how often these "zones" are actually used, and at what ports? Our first cruise was on the Dream in June 2013. We received the e-mail telling us not to arrive until 1:30pm because of an inspection. We got there around 11:30ish (my memory fades), zipped through the lines, and were able to walk right onto the boat without any zones, etc.

We did have to wait until around 1pm to get to our cabin, but we were on the boat.

Our designated time was 12-2, we got there around 12. It was in Gaveston, we've been on another Carnival out of Galveston and lots of cruises on lots of lines and this was our first time having to wait for our zone to be called.

We were there waiting to be called when they started the boarding, so it was pretty late for everybody.

Unless the letter is specific ie Coast Guard inspection, get there when you want. We've discovered that getting to port around noon is good. The early morning crowds are gone and the pax who follow the 1pm letter haven't arrived yet.

Has anyone actually experienced being turned away because they arrived before their time in staggered boarding?

How're they supposed to know? Princess tries to do staggered boarding by decks. Never had an issue arriving early.