Just off Anthem

Hi , only just got around to posting any comments regarding Anthem, have to say the check in was not good but made a remark to staff then it was all systems go and we were on the ship within minutes despite the fact that we had booked in on line so thanks RCCL for your help.

Cabin layout good , our balcony state room had the bed near the balcony door so gave us more room, when getting ready or making our morning coffee , yes there are kettles but take own coffee!!!. our only disappointment was the size of the safe , just try to get an iPad in it was not easy and left hardly any room for other items . Staff know the safe is too small but we do not see where else they could put a bigger one.

Shows good, music hall best venue for us , service in bars not good had to go to bar several times as got fed up waiting. Loved the solarium and devine decadence. Did not enjoy silk would not try again, windjammer always crowded so preferred to go to American Icon for breakfast .

had a couple of problems in cabin but they were fixed immediately, after all as first users they may be problems and if you do not tell anyone they do not get fixed for the next clients so best to do so.

All in all enjoyed this cruise , did not go for the ports of call only to try the ship.

well done RCCL

Agree with comments about taste of Anthem menus, I was disappointed too when in Chic on second evening we couldn't have a main course from that restaurant. Service was also terrible that night.

Dynamic dining is a great concept and I really wanted to try it out but didn't get the chance. I felt RC explanation treated us like children as if we couldn't work out that on a 3 night cruise we wouldn't get to try all the complimentary restaurants. No RC we spent time looking at the different dining options and then choosing those we wanted to try, making bookings and then once on board finding out that we were not getting the dining concept we had booked.

On a good note entertainment was fantastic, loved WWRY, Spectra's Cabaret and evenings in Music Hall especially Wild Boys playing 80s music.

I struggled with orientation on this cruise could never quite work out whether I was going forward or to aft when walking along corridor to stateroom.