Pop, Water - One per person or one per cabin?

I know you can only bring one bottle of wine per person per cabin, but what about the pop, water, juice, etc?

If there are three of us in the cabin, can we EACH bring one pkg of pop, one water, etc? Or are those all one per cabin?

It's a per person rule - "Guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages."

And just a few tips:

No large coolers. "small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12”H x 12”L x 12”W for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage" We found a soft-sided square cooler holds two six packs nicely and then we have an extra place for icing (although a lot of those soft-sided ones leak - so you might have to keep it in the shower if you find it does).

I suspect you could bring one of those fold up luggage carts on wheels to stack the coolers on :-)

Also, unless you buy FTTF or can board early, your room won't be ready til around 1:30. Our first cruise I was the one stuck sitting watching all the stuff we were hauling. Not a lot of fun because that new ship invites you to go EXPLORE - lol!

After two cruises I think I'm ditching the whole "bring on board" idea unless DBF just begs for something like coconut water (or something they don't have on board). I'm not sold the little bit of savings was worth the pain. But then there were only two of us. :D

It's a per person rule - "Guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages."

And just a few tips:

No large coolers. "small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12”H x 12”L x 12”W for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage" We found a soft-sided square cooler holds two six packs nicely and then we have an extra place for icing (although a lot of those soft-sided ones leak - so you might have to keep it in the shower if you find it does).

I suspect you could bring one of those fold up luggage carts on wheels to stack the coolers on :-)

Also, unless you buy FTTF or can board early, your room won't be ready til around 1:30. Our first cruise I was the one stuck sitting watching all the stuff we were hauling. Not a lot of fun because that new ship invites you to go EXPLORE - lol!

After two cruises I think I'm ditching the whole "bring on board" idea unless DBF just begs for something like coconut water (or something they don't have on board). I'm not sold the little bit of savings was worth the pain. But then there were only two of us. :D

I understand that rooms aren't ready, so they don't want you in there hanging out, but why can't you just drop your stuff off? It takes 30 seconds and you're in and out of the room.

I understand that rooms aren't ready, so they don't want you in there hanging out, but why can't you just drop your stuff off? It takes 30 seconds and you're in and out of the room.

Several reasons come to mind.

The stewards are still cleaning the rooms and prop open the doors. If you drop off your stuff and something goes missing Carnival would be held liable. Why would they want to take that liability?

Also 3 or 4000 people "just dropping off stuff" would clog the halls and delay the process of turning over the rooms. And while you might be in and out in 30 seconds most people will not.

I think a case of water is a little under $24 if you buy it from carnival. I know that sounds crazy when it's $4 at CVS, but it works out to $1 per bottle which seems reasonable to me.

I've done it both ways and having it waiting in my room is worth it to me.

If you are hooked on a soda that carnival doesn't sell, then I guess I can see bringing that on, but personally I find that there is enough beverage selection to get me thru a week.

Also, I do get FTTF, so I am in the corridor earlier than most people and the room stewards are rushing around like crazy, and the hallways are blocked with vacuum cleaners and power cords. It must be a huge PITA for them to have us underfoot. I'm surprised they even allow early access but of course I live it and I figure someone else will snatch it up if I don't.