Liberty and American Feast/Table

On the Liberty last week and the cruise was awesome overall. Great crew, great ports, great weather, what more could we ask?

Well, we didn't like the new menus at all. In fact we only ate in the MDR once, when they actually had something we thought we would like. We had YTD, and the service was great. In and out in 1.5 hours. But, that was the only night we ate there. The rest of the nights we ate on the Lido, along with many other people. Same menu virtually except without the WCMC (which we can't eat anyway) and a few other things on the regular MDR menu. We are not seafood people, with 2 of us being allergic to most seafoods, and the new menus are heavy on the seafood, IMHO. We found we could eat on the Lido in a half an hour, so we could go and do other things instead of sitting in the dining room 1.5 hours.

The only issue I have with the Lido deck food is that there really isn't anything kid friendly, like chicken tenders, macaroni & cheese, etc. in the evening. My kids ended up eating mostly salads, fruit and dessert on the Lido deck. Then we would order some room service later in the evening to get some PB & J sandwiches, BLT's etc.

On question I have are the automatic tips. I believe that the wait staff that actually waits on you in YTD gets the tips for that day, since the wait staff there can change daily depending on what table you are at. Since we only ate there once, how are our automatic tips divided up? Do other staff get the extra?

I have no idea about the tips but I was on the Liberty 4/25 and I didn't like the new menu either. I don't eat any seafood or fish at all. I had pork, the beef (some kind of low grade steak) and pasta. Only ate in the MDR 3 times and that was only because I really like to dress up and be waited on.

I sailed on Liberty 4/19, was not impressed at all with the new menus. We also ate at the buffet a few nights. Otherwise, we had a great cruise! Beautiful weather, great ports of call and the Liberty crew is FANTASTIC!

On the Liberty last week and the cruise was awesome overall. Great crew, great ports, great weather, what more could we ask?

Well, we didn't like the new menus at all. In fact we only ate in the MDR once, when they actually had something we thought we would like. We had YTD, and the service was great. In and out in 1.5 hours. But, that was the only night we ate there. The rest of the nights we ate on the Lido, along with many other people. Same menu virtually except without the WCMC (which we can't eat anyway) and a few other things on the regular MDR menu. We are not seafood people, with 2 of us being allergic to most seafoods, and the new menus are heavy on the seafood, IMHO. We found we could eat on the Lido in a half an hour, so we could go and do other things instead of sitting in the dining room 1.5 hours.

The only issue I have with the Lido deck food is that there really isn't anything kid friendly, like chicken tenders, macaroni & cheese, etc. in the evening. My kids ended up eating mostly salads, fruit and dessert on the Lido deck. Then we would order some room service later in the evening to get some PB & J sandwiches, BLT's etc.

On question I have are the automatic tips. I believe that the wait staff that actually waits on you in YTD gets the tips for that day, since the wait staff there can change daily depending on what table you are at. Since we only ate there once, how are our automatic tips divided up? Do other staff get the extra?

On this cruise in August, just wondering if they still offer Fried Chicken every night in the MDR.

On this cruise in August, just wondering if they still offer Fried Chicken every night in the MDR.

No they do not. The only night we went to the MDR was the night they had the fried chicken. It wasn't the old fried chicken from the old menu either. Different coating.

There was also a lot of pork on the menu, another thing we don't eat much of. So, the new menu was a bust for us.

Wow sorry to hear the menu is a bust. I like t dress up and be waited on.

I like good food!!

Did the ship stop in St Kitts or another port?

Yes, we stopped in St. Kitts and it was fabulous! :D

I was on Liberty Easter week and we did not care for the new menu either. Only ate in dining room once or twice, and that was only to get WCMC. we also missed St. Kitts (high winds ) and went to Dominica instead.

We got off a B2B on Liberty last Sunday and we enjoyed the new menus. We felt there was a good variety of choices. There was one night I wasn't fond of, but I can't remember which one.

Guess we are just not foodies. Between allergies, GERD (can't eat spicy foods or chocolate), and watching our weight, the MDR just wasn't for us this time. This will not stop us from cruising. With this port heavy itinerary, the Lido actually worked out great for us. One night they actually had steak on the Lido!

Oh yes, I should have mentioned that it was a great cruise, thanks to great poets. great staff, and a great cruise director. I'm not a foodee and I know I'm a picky eater. I do think food quality and choice has declined over the years but I still think Carnival offers a great cruise for the price.