First Caribbean Cruise on Glory

Alexv500

We sailed on the Glory in November with this same itinerary. All the stops were great. We did the beach/snorkeling on Half Moon and Grand Turk. In San Juan, we walked to the two forts. The trolley was full every time we tried to use it. The first time we tried to use it, it wasn't at an official stop and we got yelled at by the driver. Oops! We did a lot of walking in San Juan. In St Thomas, we went to an aquarium/sea museum. I can't remember the name of it right now but it was really cool. We took an open taxi to get there and got to see the island on the way there.

It rained just about every day because there was a tropical system stuck just off the coast of Puerto Rico. The only days it was sunny were the two beach days - perfect timing!! There was still plenty of fun stuff to do on the ship during the rain showers and it wasn't like it rained the entire time. You will probably have perfect weather so nothing to worry about there.

We liked the American Table menu and all of our favorite dishes were on it but we hated the dining room setup. My mom is hard-of-hearing and the lack of tablecloths made everything very noisy. It didn't help that we were seated right next to the beverage station. Also, our plates and silverware would slide around the table. One night the bottle of wine fell off the table twice (luckily it didn't break) and we had to ask our waiter to take it away. The wooden tabletops themselves were very beautiful but it was not practical to leave off the tablecloths. I really wish they would have kept them. It's not that big of a deal though but just a bit annoying.

Overall, it was an awesome cruise. We encountered a few problems with the staff but nothing that was a huge deal. Most of the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I think you will really enjoy cruising on the Glory. Have fun!!

Thank you everyone for your replies! We are seriously looking into this cruise and might be booking it soon. I was looking at the airfare from LAX-Miami and will probably be taking a redeye flight and arriving to Miami early in the morning at 8 am to save on hotel costs, since this will be our first time flying to the east coast and catching a cruise from Florida! Trying to keep the costs low, and super excited to do something new! Also excited to try carnival and visit the Caribbean

Thank you everyone for your replies! We are seriously looking into this cruise and might be booking it soon. I was looking at the airfare from LAX-Miami and will probably be taking a redeye flight and arriving to Miami early in the morning at 8 am to save on hotel costs, since this will be our first time flying to the east coast and catching a cruise from Florida! Trying to keep the costs low, and super excited to do something new! Also excited to try carnival and visit the Caribbean

I know it may be hypocritical, as I do it often, but flying in the day of the cruise can be dangerous. Besides, you'll be tired and off the time. Even if you can find a Motel 6, it would be a lot better. I feel like if you're tired and moping around all day, you're not going to get the full effect of the first day. Or maybe a Hampton Inn at the airport. Plus, most hotels will offer a transfer service, most of which service the ships. For my Freedom cruise, I flew in around 7PM, ate dinner and went to CVS to get some last minute things, slept in to 9AM, ate, and left by 10:30AM, and was onboard by 11:30AM. It was so relaxing and I plan on doing it again this November, it's much easier. I get tired when I'm on the same time zone, I can't imagine being all out of whack.

But that's just me!

I know it may be hypocritical, as I do it often, but flying in the day of the cruise can be dangerous. Besides, you'll be tired and off the time. Even if you can find a Motel 6, it would be a lot better. I feel like if you're tired and moping around all day, you're not going to get the full effect of the first day. Or maybe a Hampton Inn at the airport. Plus, most hotels will offer a transfer service, most of which service the ships. For my Freedom cruise, I flew in around 7PM, ate dinner and went to CVS to get some last minute things, slept in to 9AM, ate, and left by 10:30AM, and was onboard by 11:30AM. It was so relaxing and I plan on doing it again this November, it's much easier. I get tired when I'm on the same time zone, I can't imagine being all out of whack.

But that's just me!

That's also what I am worried about, I actually would love to get to Miami early to do some exploring. I am considering taking this flight that leaves here at 2 in the afternoon and doesn't arrive in Miami till 10:30pm. If I can find a good and cheap hotel that does offer a shuttle, I will definitely do that. Especially since the time change will be hard on us. (3 hour change! Yikes) I have always wanted to visit Miami and this will be chance so I am definitely considering at getting a hotel! Thank you so much for your advice! :)

Thank you to everyone who's replied! I was just reading that Glory has that new American table dining concept..and many do not like it. Has anyone tried it?

I replied earlier about my video, and just saw the question about the American Table. We enjoyed the food. I have a video of just the food if you are interested take a peek. We made the video simply because we were wondering ourselves what the food was like.

Enjoy, it was good!

Thank you to everyone who's replied! I was just reading that Glory has that new American table dining concept..and many do not like it. Has anyone tried it?

I replied earlier about my video, and just saw the question about the American Table. We enjoyed the food. I have a video of just the food if you are interested take a peek. We made the video simply because we were wondering ourselves what the food was like.

Enjoy, it was good!