Carnival ecstasy for families

Erica6812

Has anyone with a young family done this cruise recently? We are looking at the 4 night out of miami thanksgiving week. I have head very mixed reviews and didn't see any from people traveling with young kids. I have heard the crowd is pretty rowdy because of the short duration and cheap prices it offers. Any thoughts? My kids are age 3 and 5. Thanks!

We've done Carnival the week of thanksgiving a few times before dd, I'm not sure I would with dd...

We are doing Carnival with dd, 4 at the time, in Nov. It'll be our first carnival with her, our others were disney and RCCL. We've only done 7 days, so I'm not sure how bad/good a shorter carnival over a holiday would be.

Honestly, if you stay away from the adult pools and crazy contest, I doubt you'll have a issue?

our issue with thanksgiving was always the preteens/teens running around, pita. I've never had an issue with drunks, but we aren't partiers. The preteens/teens were the ones making a mess, running down the halls, yelling, playing by the elevators...all that.

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned from our cruise on the Ecstasy. Traveled with a 3, 9 and 11 year old. There was something for everyone! We traveled the week of Memorial Day holiday. Had a few encounters with some not so nice passengers but the ship was not over run with out of control people.

There were lots of families with younger children during our cruise. We used the kids club a few times and they enjoyed the activities. They LOVED the slides and splash area. My 3 year old had a blast on the kiddie slide. My 9 year old went in the pool and said it was fun. My 9 and 11 year old enjoyed the Harry Potter trivia, Hasbro Game Show and the bean bag competition.

The green eggs and ham breakfast was so much fun and worth it. We enjoyed our experience on this cruise.

Once she gets to Charleston, we'll grab a "last minute" trip and check her out.

We'll be on the Fantasy for the 2nd time in a couple of weeks and am anxious to welcome Ecstasy to one of our drivable ports....

Pride is awesome and new now, so Baltimore is "home" port and we're VERY lucky to have Pride - but I'd be ok with Sunshine! :)