Luggage wheel got busted off!

justme_85

I hope the OP comes back and tells us what happened. i saw she posted the photo and what happened on JHs FB page and asked for his help. It would be good to know what was done.

I just got in from my cruise. I went to customer service right away and they asked me to bring them my suitcase. I did and they were going to see if they could fix it on board. By Tuesday they told me they could not fix it and gave me the option of going shopping on my own and they would reimburse me for the new suitcase to the value I paid for my damaged suitcase or they will shop for me in St Martin. I opted to have them shop for me. The suitcase they gave me is no where near the quality the Swiss Gear bag was but it allowed me to get my belongings home in a rolling suitcase and I am happy. I am not sure if JH had any assistance in it but I was pleased with the outcome. I did record the porters whipping luggage on the carts from my balcony. I saw after I posted to JH about my luggage he started posting questions about it on his Page. I almost want to post the video for him to see for himself. Lol.

And why is it always Carnival's fault, maybe you should go after the porters which are union longshoremen, making over $30 per hour with a 8 hour pay if they only load for a few hours. The airlines are just as bad.

There was a thread about the longshoreman a few years ago on CC and the amount they made for doing almost nothing was ridiculously high well over six figures.

In any case since the luggage arrives at your door damaged how would you ever prove it was the porters who did it and not the ship employees?

Same thing happened to us on our Breeze cruise last December. A Travel Pro Crew 6 bag. Left it outside our cabin the night before we disembarked and when we picked it up in Miami one wheel was busted. There used to be a luggage repair shop in NOLA, however it closed long ago. So I figured that I would just deal with the "cha-clump" sound from then on.

However, I found that replacing a Travel Pro wheel is super easy. You can go on YouTube to see it done. I contacted the manufacture, gave them the model number and for 20 bucks (including shipping) they sent me 2 new wheels. All you need is a Phillips screwdriver and about 5 minutes of time and you can install the new wheels yourself. Super easy. You can also use inline skate wheels as well.

Now the bag is good as new and it's going on another trip Thursday. This time on the Elation.

I just got in from my cruise. I went to customer service right away and they asked me to bring them my suitcase. I did and they were going to see if they could fix it on board. By Tuesday they told me they could not fix it and gave me the option of going shopping on my own and they would reimburse me for the new suitcase to the value I paid for my damaged suitcase or they will shop for me in St Martin. I opted to have them shop for me. The suitcase they gave me is no where near the quality the Swiss Gear bag was but it allowed me to get my belongings home in a rolling suitcase and I am happy. I am not sure if JH had any assistance in it but I was pleased with the outcome. I did record the porters whipping luggage on the carts from my balcony. I saw after I posted to JH about my luggage he started posting questions about it on his Page. I almost want to post the video for him to see for himself. Lol.

I would like to see the video.