Where does Regatta dock in Stockholm

2dogcarol

I will be taking the Regatta Baltic cruise next June. We embark in Stockholm. Where does the Regatta dock in Stockholm? Is it in town? Can you walk to the Stockholm sights or do you need to take a taxi? Thanks for your information.

Carol

Hi Carol,

Stockholm has a lot of docks for ships. When we docked in 2003, it was NOT walking distance. There are cabs outside and the crew knows where the city bus stop is if you don't want to take a cab or a tour. I really recommend Rick Steves' book on Scandanavia as a guide. The AAA has his books at reduced prices to members. I would also suggest you call Oceania when the cruise gets closer to find out the place where the ship will dock. There is a website that shows where the docks are and which ship will be docking there. Maybe someone on line can give you the site.

Best regards,

Sheila

Jusr back from Regatt'a 8-31-05 sailing, and ship was docked At Friihamnen 638, 20 minutes from downtown Stockholm.

Due to flight problems, we didn't arrive until late afternoon, so didn't go into Stockholm that day, but my wife did the next day before sailing. Too far to walk - but a quick 20/25minute cab ride from dockside.

Druke I,

Thanks for the information. So I know we need to take taxis in Stockholm and Gdansk. Do the cab drivers take US dollars? If not, how do you get their currency before you get into town to use the ATM? We are taking tours in St. Petersburg. Are the rest of the ports within walking distance of the ship?

Carol

2dogcarol

Ship has Swedish Kroner available - cabs take credit cards, not sure about dollars.

Ship docked some distance from town center in St. Petersburg, Gdansk, and middle of nowwhere for Brugge.

Handy docking in Amsterdam, Helsinki, Warnemunde, and Copenhagen.

Archived