Celebrity Constellation - New Cruiser Info please :)

james3161

Hey folks!

So we have taken the plunge and booked on to our first cruise onboard Celebrity Constellation this summer. I've got a couple of questions and hoped you guys would have some advice for a cruise novice!

We're booked on to the Vista Deck, towards the bow of the ship. We decided to book an Inside Cabin since we arent planning on spending a huge amount of time within the cabin, and because it was quite a hike to take a step up to an oceanview room! Can anyone advise of thier experience on this deck/location? Any info on how the cabins on that deck are would be great!

We're also looking at the drinks packages and deciding which ones seem the best for getting what we're after. I'm a whisky man so the Premium certianly appeals to me! My better half is a rum drinker, specifically Captain Morgan's spiced! There have been a couple of lists i've seen of the drinks available, some that have Capt Morgans on board and some that don't. Does anyone have any idea if its available on board?

The last thing we're focusing on is the dress code. As a 30 year old, jeans/polo shirts/shoes and t shirts are the order of the day for me. I understand that there is a smart casual/formal dress code and wondered if this was enforced within the buffet/pool bar and eating areas too?

Any help and advice would be great!

Thanks all!

james3161

Celebrity has just recently raised their drink prices, so the premium package would be your best bet if you like higher end alcohol. If you get the Classic package, and your drink costs more than the package covers, you'll have to pay the full price. With the Premium, if your drink costs more than the package allows, you only pay the difference. For example, if your whisky is $2 above the package limit, you only pay the $2 with the Premium.

Cabins at the bow of the ship, are subject to more motion, you'll feel the engine thrusters and the vibration, and you'll hear the anchors if you're not stopped at a docked port and they need to use the anchors.

Celebrity is a dressier line. There are formal nights in the main dining room, where they do enforce the dress code. The buffet is casual, and they allow shorts in the evening. The extra pay specialty restaurants are termed casual-smart elegant and above which means dockers type slacks and a collared shirt (plain t-shirts, or those with writing/graphics on them aren't allowed in the evening except in the buffet), but you'll find that even in the specialty restaurants, people DO dress up more. If you're cruising in summer, I'll be honest and tell you that jeans are very hot and heavy to wear in the Med. The temps are high and it's very hot and humid. You'll find very few people wearing jeans in summer in Europe, and tend towards lighter weight, khaki type slacks.