Beaches-Cozumel, Belieze, Key West

m-cruiser

Hi All,

This is my 1st cruise, so I'm sorry if this is a silly question.. but I am taking the Glory cruise in a few weeks and we are stopping in Cozumel, Belieze and Key West.

Around excursions planned in Key West and Cozumel, I believe we will have some down time that we would rather spend in these ports than on ship. We are not big shoppers, so I was wondering if there were any public beaches we could go to? I see some beach excursions listed that you pay to go to, but does anyone have any recommendations of just some beach I could go relax at for awhile before I need to board the boat?

thanks so much! :)

I just looked at Paradise Beach and it looks nice! Is this something I can do without an excursion? Do you have to pay to use this beach?

Don't worry, I plan on having a ruin excursion the whole time in Belieze, thanks for the heads up on that one though!

To get to Paradise Beach, just grab a taxi at the port (taxi prices are clearly posted on the board and prices are per taxi.........I believe it was $12 to Paradise Beach when we visited in June.) Entrance, and use of chairs and umbrellas (hammocks too) is free, although you will be expected to buy drinks and/or food. If you want to use any of the water toys you will need to buy a wristband for $8 (floats, kayaks, snorkel gear---although this is really not a good place for snorkeling, water trampoline, iceberg). You can also get a massage for $1/minute.

Thanks I really think I want to visit Paradise Beach. All the posts on here about there are fantastic!

Does anyone know if the Sail, Snorkel and Beach party excursion offered by Carnival goes to Paradise Beach for their "beach party" or to another beach?

I was thinking of doing this excursion but I'm not sure if I want to stop by the same beach in the morning with that excursion that I was planning on being at in the afternoon. I might just book another snorkeling trip, maybe the Island Adventure snorkel to the reef..

:rolleyes:

My kids actually did both the excursion and then back to the beach in the afternoon when we were on the Glory in August. I believe they said it was the beach right next to where we went for excursion. (I was on the excursion as well, but decided to take a nap on the boat while everyone was at the beach).

Barry

m-cruiser .... If you haven't already, you might really enjoy going to the ports of call section and checking under each of your port stops. Do be sure to check the older threads as well. Honestly, these excursion change very little from year to year or even cruise line to cruise line.

Here's one on the Cozumel Board that discusses the "Sail, Snorkel, and Beach" excursion: (We're interested in doing that one as well.)

Catamaran Beach Party

Have a wonderful time planning! Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Hi All,

This is my 1st cruise, so I'm sorry if this is a silly question.. but I am taking the Glory cruise in a few weeks and we are stopping in Cozumel, Belieze and Key West.

Around excursions planned in Key West and Cozumel, I believe we will have some down time that we would rather spend in these ports than on ship. We are not big shoppers, so I was wondering if there were any public beaches we could go to? I see some beach excursions listed that you pay to go to, but does anyone have any recommendations of just some beach I could go relax at for awhile before I need to board the boat?

thanks so much! :)

Went to Paradise beach last october. It was wonderful. Here is a link to their website:

http://paradise-beach-cozumel.net/

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Paradise Beach Tom, we were on the Caribbean Princess last week, and spent the day at your beach. In fact, you stopped by and said hi to us. It was our second trip to Paradise Beach, and it didn't disappoint. I especially want to compliment our server for the day, Eric. He took very good care of us. Got us a great location with lounge chairs, and was right on top of things getting us drinks and food. He was fantastic. Just want to let you know how great he was, and how much we enjoyed our stop at your beach. We'll be back in May with 7 other people.

If you have not booked an excurion in COzumel. Go to Chankanaab. It's $10.00 for the cab ride each way and $12.00 to enter for the entire day. THe snorkeling is some of the best. Rental equipment is available. THere are two restaurants, a few shops, showers, nice rest rooms. Dolphins, ruin reproductions. You can purahcse a pass on their website for like $20.00 for three entries and a food discount.

Does anyone know if the Sail, Snorkel and Beach party excursion offered by Carnival goes to Paradise Beach for their "beach party" or to another beach?

:rolleyes:

It's NEAR Paradise Beach. The location they take you to is wonderful. It's private, so only those on the excursion will be there. I reviewed the Sail, Snorkel, Beach Party excursion offered by Carnival (link listed above by a previous poster). It ranks as one of the best shore excursions I've ever been on!

Key West doesn't really have many beaches, and the ones it does have are man made. There is one not to far from the port located at Fort Zachary. See map on this link... http://www.boneislandshuttle.com/map.htm.

There is a small fee to get in, but I can't remember how much it was. There is also Higgs Beach located near the Southern Most Point marker..... Have fun, I love Key West! :D

Archived