Early Saver...How Do I Know What Cabin Catagory Is Higher Than Mine?

pirate4me2

Hi all!

I am currently booked on the Vista for 2017 in a category HE (Havana "balcony") on the Jan 8, 2017 and Jan 14, 2017 cruises. On my January 8, 2017 cruise when I check Fare Viewer I see that the category 8D rooms are listed above my HE room and they also have a higher price. So does that mean that the 8D category is a higher category than my HE? I ask because on my Jan. 14, 2017 cruise the category HE rooms are sold out, but the 8D rooms are at a lower price than what I paid for my HE room. Could I price match to the 8D fare? I think with ES I can price match as long as the cabin I am matching to is a category the same as or higher than mine, correct?

Thank you all in advance for your help. :)

Ya know, I don't know the answer to your question, but I did fare viewer today for my Vista cruise. I am booked for January 22, 2017 in an 8F and I noticed the same thing. I wonder why they have the 8D's listed way up above a lot of the categories including my 8F. I wonder what an 8D is on the vista. Obviously some kind of balcony, but what is making it such a high category?

The level is by the letter after the deck number. example deck 1 (bottom of ship) 1A lowest and cheapest deck 12 Highest catagory 12H. The higher the alphabet number is suppose to be a premium.

Its like driving a car, and picking your cars...you start off in a chevy, but you want to drive Royal Royce car.

Now if they are trying to fill up certain decks first, they may be lower or higher in order to get them sold. (supply and demand).