New to NCL and some questions about Getaway

We've always sailed on RCCL, but since their recent pricing has been so high we booked our next cruise on the Getaway. We are very excited about experiencing a new line and seeing what NCL has to offer. I've been reading the boards but haven't been able to find answers to some general questions. Hoping someone can help!

1. We booked 2 connecting Family Interior cabins on Deck 12 for our family of 5. I've seen some descriptions that say they are only 129 sq. feet and some describe them as 150 sq. feet...can anyone confirm the size? I know it will be tight but two bathrooms will be nice!

2. What time do the cabins open after embarkment?

3. How many outlets are there for charging electronics? Also, we have a CPAP machine and need a plug by the bed, too. Is there one available? Should we bring extra plugs (and is that allowed?).

Thanks!

We will be on getaway for the first time in March next year. I have no actual experience but from reading in here and elsewhere on the interwebs the interior rooms can vary in size dependant on their position on the ship. Cabin availability after embarkation varies as will your emarbarkation time but they will normally be ready by 2 or 3 pm. Ive seen a lot of folks who have visited their room and left their hand luggage in there while it is being prepared. Get on board, get some lunch, explore and the announcement will come about cabins.

Electric outlets in not sure on. I am sure I will be taking s power strip with us as we have so many gadgets, cameras and what not to charge it's impossible. They do have US and EU sockets so if you have an eu adapter you can use them to charge as well.

I'm sure others will be able to answer better though [emoji3]enjoy your trip

My husband has a cpap. The plugs are on the opposite wall- we carry an 15 ft extension cord and duct tape to tape the cord down so we don't trip over it at night. We've never had a problem with this - in fact we found this tip on this board.

On the Epic we found only one usable outlet. We were glad we brought our extension cord. I'll bet the same is found on the Getaway in the regular cabins (suites have more outlets).

I'll bet you could get a definitive answer by contacting NCL's special needs desk; using a CPAP is a medical limitation and I'm sure they can give you the information about outlets. We throw a plug strip with 15' cord in our luggage and have never had a problem using it.

We've always sailed on RCCL' date=' but since their recent pricing has been so high we booked our next cruise on the Getaway. We are very excited about experiencing a new line and seeing what NCL has to offer. I've been reading the boards but haven't been able to find answers to some general questions. Hoping someone can help!

1. We booked 2 connecting Family Interior cabins on Deck 12 for our family of 5. I've seen some descriptions that say they are only 129 sq. feet and some describe them as 150 sq. feet...can anyone confirm the size? I know it will be tight but two bathrooms will be nice!

2. What time do the cabins open after embarkment?

3. How many outlets are there for charging electronics? Also, we have a CPAP machine and need a plug by the bed, too. Is there one available? Should we bring extra plugs (and is that allowed?).

Thanks![/quote']

Can't speak to #1. We've always been in balcony cabins.

#2 They usually aren't ready until 2:00 - 2:30. But you can take your carry on to the room when you board, before it's ready.

#3 only 2 plugs(AC). We can take a power strip.

I am on the same situation. Only cruised with X and Royal and doing my first NCL cruise on December with Escape. I have done a lot of research but I would love to hear some opinions from you experienced NCL cruisers.

Things that I have foud most important to me on Royals ships are morning fitness classes, 24 hour coffee station, vegetarian options in buffet, laudry bag offer in the middle of the cruise, Main diningrooms breakfasts with both buffet and served breakfast options, outside movies and game shows. Any comments about these on NCL ships? Thanks already!

I just got back from the Getaway.

-I don't know what the square footage was, but we found that our interior suite was smaller than to RC Freedom of the Seas and Disney. (#11653) But we survived (three in a room - two adults and a 7 year old). We are never in our room anyway.

-I believe there were two North American outlets and two European outlets so if you bring an adapter you could have four.

-Our room was ready earlier than 2pm - I think we boarded around 1:00pm and it wasn't ready. We had lunch at the Flamingo Grill and it was ready when we got back. Go to the Flamingo Grill for lunch when you board. They mention the buffet for lunch to everyone so it is packed but Flamingo Grill was much quieter and the food was great. (Cuban/Latin style)

- There are lots of coffee stations in the buffet and one just outside. Bring your own insulated mug. Theirs are tiny.

- There was a laundry bag offer in the middle of the cruise but I didn't pay much attention to the price.

-There were outside movies at Spice H20, inside movies in the Atrium and 3D movies in the Theatre. There were some family movies and some PG-13. The movies weren't as new as on Royal Caribbean. There were tons of and game shows and they were amazing. My favourite was the Newlywed Game Show. Or I think maybe it was called the Not So Newlywed Game Show...something like that. They picked the most newlywed couple there and the longest married couple and one couple had to "audition". There was Family Feud and a game like the Newlywed Game but it was kids and parents.

I will be posting a review with the dailies when I get a chance to settle. Hopefully early this week.

Edited by LASilva

I just got back from the Getaway.

-I don't know what the square footage was, but we found that our interior suite was smaller than to RC Freedom of the Seas and Disney. (#11653) But we survived (three in a room - two adults and a 7 year old). We are never in our room anyway.

-I believe there were two North American outlets and two European outlets so if you bring an adapter you could have four.

-Our room was ready earlier than 2pm - I think we boarded around 1:00pm and it wasn't ready. We had lunch at the Flamingo Grill and it was ready when we got back. Go to the Flamingo Grill for lunch when you board. They mention the buffet for lunch to everyone so it is packed but Flamingo Grill was much quieter and the food was great. (Cuban/Latin style)

- There are lots of coffee stations in the buffet and one just outside. Bring your own insulated mug. Theirs are tiny.

- There was a laundry bag offer in the middle of the cruise but I didn't pay much attention to the price.

-There were outside movies at Spice H20, inside movies in the Atrium and 3D movies in the Theatre. There were some family movies and some PG-13. The movies weren't as new as on Royal Caribbean. There were tons of and game shows and they were amazing. My favourite was the Newlywed Game Show. Or I think maybe it was called the Not So Newlywed Game Show...something like that. They picked the most newlywed couple there and the longest married couple and one couple had to "audition". There was Family Feud and a game like the Newlywed Game but it was kids and parents.

I will be posting a review with the dailies when I get a chance to settle. Hopefully early this week.

Thank you so much for your answers. Dailes and review would be awesome!