qm2 fitness classes

fingal1962

I am travelling from Liverpool to New York in July and have decided to treat myself to a six day spa pass. I'd like to do as many fitness classes as possible but have read that they get booked up very quickly. Any tips on how to make sure I can do the classes I want? Does having a spa passport mean I have a better chance? Thanks.

I am travelling from Liverpool to New York in July and have decided to treat myself to a six day spa pass. I'd like to do as many fitness classes as possible but have read that they get booked up very quickly. Any tips on how to make sure I can do the classes I want? Does having a spa passport mean I have a better chance? Thanks.

The spa pass makes no difference whatsoever, there are signing sheets by the spa reception for classes but I don't know how quickly they fill or whether you can book a series of classes at the same time or whether the sheets just refer to that particular day. I wouldn't be too concerned though as there is a wonderful promenade deck just outside the door to walk or jog around.

• 3 weeks later...

Since the classes have a fee, I don't believe they are booked all that quickly. I haven't pay strict attention, but that has been my impression.

The fitness center itself has reasonable equipment (not that much in variety, but well working). There isn't much empty floor space in the fitness center for activities like stretching. People go outside in a little alcove across the hall for floor exercises (one at a time--very small space : )

I believe the exercise bikes now have the game of solitaire on them as well as TV option (bring your own earbuds).

DH and I take the "vow of stairs" while aboard and generally find excellent opportunities to walk in uncongested areas (inside and out) at a good pace.

But, of course, the gym and/or classes will give you a much more vigorous workout.

Happy Sailing! Enjoy your classes!

Found it, not sure if these will be legible though.

Thank you for those. Do you know if they have classes like this on the short trips. My mum and I are on our first cruise on the QM2 next Wednesday for four nights and I am really worried about putting on weight (just came back from Majorca on monday and gained 1 pound in a week which I was happy with but walked over 5 miles every day) so would love to take part in as much activity as possible. We are buying the spa passes as my mum is in her 70's so wont take part in any physical activites but I think she will love the spa.

Thanks