Stingray City United

Libertarian

Has anyone used StingRay city United?Their tour sounds incredible.

I have used Stingray City United before and it was a wonderful experience. What I love most about the tour is that it is centralized around Stingray City. You do get to see some beautiful birds too and they also have the Ocean Soul exhibit that you will be able to view. They arrange transportation for you and even though dolphins is not a part of the tour, the boat leaves from a dock next to a dolphin park so you get to see them and some iguanas don't hurt either :). Go for it, you will have a great time.

I loved this tour a lot, it was a great experience. Stingray City is just something that you can't afford to miss while in Grand Cayman and I loved the bonus of getting to see the Macaws that they have in their nature trail. This tour is perfect especially if you do not want to do dolphins and snorkeling and just wanna get to the main attraction :)

I recently took this tour with my husband and my two sons and I am really glad that we booked with them. We were a little worried about booking a tour independently and not with the ship but it was cost effective plus we got a discount. The price aside, the tour was great, we got picked up and taken to the dock but to get there you gotta walk through a beautiful nature trail which has like macaws and other parrots in there. We also got to to see a National Geographic Exhibit and then off we went to Stingray City and let me tell you, it is a BLAST being out there with the Stingrays. Please do yourself a favor and visit Stingray City, it is worth it.

I recently took this tour with my husband and my two sons and I am really glad that we booked with them. We were a little worried about booking a tour independently and not with the ship but it was cost effective plus we got a discount. The price aside, the tour was great, we got picked up and taken to the dock but to get there you gotta walk through a beautiful nature trail which has like macaws and other parrots in there. We also got to to see a National Geographic Exhibit and then off we went to Stingray City and let me tell you, it is a BLAST being out there with the Stingrays. Please do yourself a favor and visit Stingray City, it is worth it.

Booking Independently worked out great for us too and you do get some great deals. The tour was amazing and.

Edited by J_Wilks

We'll be in Cayman in Sept. on the Carnival Dream from 7am - 4pm. What times do the tours for Sting Ray City United start?

I have purchased the faster to the fun perk so we should be able to get off the ship pretty early and I would like to be in the first tour that morning if possible.

And how long did you get to spend with the stingrays and how long on the nature trails with the birds? Did you feel very rushed or was this adequate?

thanks in advance,

Helen

We'll be in Cayman in Sept. on the Carnival Dream from 7am - 4pm. What times do the tours for Sting Ray City United start?

I have purchased the faster to the fun perk so we should be able to get off the ship pretty early and I would like to be in the first tour that morning if possible.

And how long did you get to spend with the stingrays and how long on the nature trails with the birds? Did you feel very rushed or was this adequate?

thanks in advance,

Helen

Our departure was at 8am, most likely around the same time you would be departing as well. We got picked up at the port and dropped off at about 8:30, then we were able to walk through the nature trail and interact with the birds and visit the Ocean Soul exhibit. The Stingray City boat was schedule to leave at 9:45, which I think was the earliest time, so we had all the time in between our drop off at 8:30 to have fun until 9:45. The Stingray City tour itself lasted for 2 hours, half an hour boat ride to and from and you stay 1 hour in the water with the Stingrays. Don't be afraid, it is really fun, just go right in the water and not waste time on the boat wondering if you should go in lol. We had more than enough time to do all activities so we were not rushed at all and the staff was patient with us. You can also get to see dolphins once you get inside as the dock is next to a dolphin park. Hope this helps :)

Personally not familiar with the Stingray City United tour, but I will look into it. We spent a week on Cayman once and while there went with Captain Marvin. It involved two snorkel stops outside of Stingray city, and was enjoyable. We have a short review on our blog (below)

Good times on Cayman... if you go there longer than a day trip on a cruise, prepare to just relax and enjoy... not a lot going on there, IMHO. But we loved it.

• 2 weeks later...

Our tour with Stingray City United was perfect tour for my wife and I. She is an environmentalist and as such, she was happy when we booked this tour. The tour had 3 parts to it, a walk through a parrot filled nature trail, the Ocean Soul exhibit and finally Stingray City. We had a lot of fun together and she must've taken over a hundred pictures :). The tour guides were professional and friendly with us and ensured that we had a great experience when we got out to Stingray City. My wife is still showing off to her friends about our experience in Grand Cayman. Thank you Stingray City United, you guys were great.