Afraid I made a mistake - can anyone help?

carmel

I'm on the Carnival Fantasy which say it arrives back in Charleston at 8am.

I made reservations for a carriage ride tour at 10:30 thinking we would get off the ship around 8am. We have FTTF so we can get off pretty early. Now I'm thinking this may mean we arrive at the dock at 8am but don't start to disembark until the ship gets hooked up, etc.

I guess my question is, with arrival time at 8am with FTTF, will I be able to make the 10:30 carriage ride tour?

Thanks!

Will they allow you to change your time for the tour? It never hurts to ask.

I did a Hail Mary and called. EXCEPTIONALLY NICE PEOPLE. I will sing the praises of Palmetto Carriage tours.

It says right there - that I clicked on an agreed to - that there are no changes. I called them - being very honest saying it was 100% my bonehead mistake. But they changed it for me.

So very, very nice of them. Man oh man. It is so nice to deal with people like this. Totally made my day - and I told her so too!

I did a Hail Mary and called. EXCEPTIONALLY NICE PEOPLE. I will sing the praises of Palmetto Carriage tours.

It says right there - that I clicked on an agreed to - that there are no changes. I called them - being very honest saying it was 100% my bonehead mistake. But they changed it for me.

So very, very nice of them. Man oh man. It is so nice to deal with people like this. Totally made my day - and I told her so too!

Nice to hear that the company chose to help you out even when they did not have to.

Happy sailing!

But unless weather is a problem you could have made 10 30 easy. Especially if you did self disembarking

Yes - but my dad tends to get a bit ......anxious(?).....at disembarkation with the crowds, lines, etc. I mean, he's not a hot mess but I think putting some sort of deadline out there to meet would only add to it. I'm sure you are correct but this way, we can go to the market first for a couple of hours then have a nice rest on the carriage ride.

But unless weather is a problem you could have made 10 30 easy. Especially if you did self disembarking

Not necessarily.

I've never had any problems with disembarking, but *planning* on doing anything that early isn't wise. You never know how it's going to go. I'm glad OP got to change the time.

Self-disembarkation doesn't guarantee anything, either. I've been on ships that didn't even begin self-disembarkation until 8:30 for whatever reason. And they still call by deck, so if your deck is one of the last ones, you still aren't off super early.

I'm Platinum and while I'm typically not in any huge rush to leave the ship, even doing non-self-assist, I've been disembarking and passed the long lines of people struggling and dragging these huge cases around. I did it once and will never do it again.

I miss Fantasy. Hope you have a great cruise. And carriage tour!

Not necessarily.

I've never had any problems with disembarking, but *planning* on doing anything that early isn't wise. You never know how it's going to go. I'm glad OP got to change the time.

Self-disembarkation doesn't guarantee anything, either. I've been on ships that didn't even begin self-disembarkation until 8:30 for whatever reason. And they still call by deck, so if your deck is one of the last ones, you still aren't off super early.

I'm Platinum and while I'm typically not in any huge rush to leave the ship, even doing non-self-assist, I've been disembarking and passed the long lines of people struggling and dragging these huge cases around. I did it once and will never do it again.

I miss Fantasy. Hope you have a great cruise. And carriage tour!

If you tell guest services you have an early tour they will give you an early zone for disembarking.

Besides they dont exactly check to make sure it is your turn to get off.

Having said that better to make the tour later.

So glad they let you change it.