Bringing your own wine on Wind Surf?

maxmtex

DW and I have cruised on other, larger, ships many times over the past 25 years, but have yet to sail on a Windstar vessel. Wine policies vary by company. Can anyone provide the Windstar policy with respect to bringing our own bottles onboard in St. Maarten? We are considering the January 16, 2016 itinerary.

Thanks,

maxmtex

Previously you could bring unlimited wine on board. That policy has been changed, and you can now only bring on two bottles per person per week. From my experience, they have no way to enforce that, and, in fact you can bring on two bottles per person at each port. You can imbibe in your cabin, tactfully on deck, and with dinner, paying $15 corkage.

Previously you could bring unlimited wine on board. That policy has been changed, and you can now only bring on two bottles per person per week. From my experience, they have no way to enforce that, and, in fact you can bring on two bottles per person at each port. You can imbibe in your cabin, tactfully on deck, and with dinner, paying $15 corkage.

Is this "new policy" posted somewhere? I've seen nothing. In the past we've brought six bottles with no one even paying any attention.

Last August we were on the Wind Surf and brought 12 bottles on board. At the time the policy was 2 bottles per person per week. We even had the dining manager approve the wine as we came on board. I guess it just depends on timing. We had a few of our bottles at dinner and paid the corkage fee. The rest of the time we kept an open bottle in the cabin and would go down and fill up our glasses.

Is this "new policy" posted somewhere? I've seen nothing. In the past we've brought six bottles with no one even paying any attention.

It is clearly stated in the FAQ for booked passengers on the Windstar web site. They now have a small sign reminding you at the top of the gangway, too

Last August we were on the Wind Surf and brought 12 bottles on board. At the time the policy was 2 bottles per person per week. We even had the dining manager approve the wine as we came on board. I guess it just depends on timing. We had a few of our bottles at dinner and paid the corkage fee. The rest of the time we kept an open bottle in the cabin and would go down and fill up our glasses.

But in my experience they don't make any note that you're taking on 2 bottles, so I see so problem going through with 2 bottles more than once in the course of a week. I probably sound like a wino now, but there's nothing to prevent you when boarding from stashing a couple bottles in each of your bags when you check in and then carrying a couple each with you as well.

I

Thank you for your replies. We would have loved to bring 12 bottles, but will settle for four. The information on corkage fees is helpful as well. In the past, Holland America allowed unlimited bottles, but that has changed as well. Not sure if any cruise line still allows unlimited wine to be brought onboard, but glad we understand the Windstar policy (thanks to you guys).

maxmtex