Rules on Pregency

balenjim

A close friend is scheduled to cruise in a few weeks when she will be 32 weeks along. She has an OB who is willing to certify in wrtiting that she is <27 weeks along :eek:, and she is still planning to sail as scheduled.

She is a pediatrician and her husband is a surgeon, and she had no complications with first pregnancy/delivery. These facts heavily influenced her decision to go despite her due date.

I think it is very risky and irresponsible of any Doctor to Lie so their patient can take a cruise. This Doctor could and SHOULD face a lawsuit if this patient goes into early labour and the baby suffers as a result.

Teri

A close friend is scheduled to cruise in a few weeks when she will be 32 weeks along. She has an OB who is willing to certify in wrtiting that she is <27 weeks along :eek:, and she is still planning to sail as scheduled.

She is a pediatrician and her husband is a surgeon, and she had no complications with first pregnancy/delivery. These facts heavily influenced her decision to go despite her due date.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Are you kidding??? A Doctor is willing to break the law for this girl? This Doctor is willing to face charges as well as lose his/her practice??? I don't buy that for a minute... how quick will these people try to sue Carnival if something happens unforeseen and they lose the baby, or the mother because there are not NICU facilities on the ship? I bet pretty quick... In her first pregnancy, the one with no complications, did she happen to be on a cruise ship or foreign country where the risk of infection and accident are much higher??? Sorry, I think it is irresponsible to risk you and your unborn babies lives so you can take a vacation... completely selfish. They should have gone at a time in the pregnancy where it was safer for the baby... unbelievable. They might be doctors, but they are not God... they cannot do a thing for the child or the mother if complications arise... unless they are taking a full NICU facility onboard with them :rolleyes:

Archived