RCCL Harmony 10/23/2016 Transatlantic

• 2 weeks later...
We will try Coastal Kitchen then... Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read this thread and sad to say Coastal Kitchen only exists on Oasis and Quantum class ships. Since we made Pinnacle, we hang out in that lounge and restaurant all the time and wish there was one on Indy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there, we are just concentrating on our upcoming Ovation of the Seas trip and then will get back to thinking about this one , though we have just booked our return flight from Miami to London this week, so it's all getting a bit real.

Hi everyone- not checked in for ages but it's getting a bit closer. Like some of the threads I've just read through I have now got my flights booked back from MIA to the UK- Because I booked through an American vacation site I was able to book Choice Air or whatever it's now called and got a really good deal. I need to start looking at hotels in Miami now for a couple of nights- does anyone have any good tips about places to stay? visit and eat in Miami at all? I would be particularly interested if anyone has ever visited Little Havanna and has any tips? Also has anyone ever got the coach from Miami down to Key West and if so is it worthwhile doing or something that should really be done in a hire car? At that point though my friends will have headed back to the UK but I'm staying on for a bit in Miami so was more thinking of the coach due to price really. As for the excursion stops in Europe the one thing I can definitely say is I would NOT recommend the hop on hop off bus in Malaga- it was the most boring trip I've ever been on and as an ex Holiday Rep I've done my fair share of trips lol. This time I think I might look at escaping Malaga to Ronda however if you are staying in Malaga there is excellent tapas in the Mercado Central de Atarazanas and the square by the Cathedral and Bishops Palace is very pretty.

Hi everyone- not checked in for ages but it's getting a bit closer. Like some of the threads I've just read through I have now got my flights booked back from MIA to the UK- Because I booked through an American vacation site I was able to book Choice Air or whatever it's now called and got a really good deal. I need to start looking at hotels in Miami now for a couple of nights- does anyone have any good tips about places to stay? visit and eat in Miami at all? I would be particularly interested if anyone has ever visited Little Havanna and has any tips? Also has anyone ever got the coach from Miami down to Key West and if so is it worthwhile doing or something that should really be done in a hire car? At that point though my friends will have headed back to the UK but I'm staying on for a bit in Miami so was more thinking of the coach due to price really. As for the excursion stops in Europe the one thing I can definitely say is I would NOT recommend the hop on hop off bus in Malaga- it was the most boring trip I've ever been on and as an ex Holiday Rep I've done my fair share of trips lol. This time I think I might look at escaping Malaga to Ronda however if you are staying in Malaga there is excellent tapas in the Mercado Central de Atarazanas and the square by the Cathedral and Bishops Palace is very pretty.

We lived in South Florida up until 10 years ago. Our information is dated, but

google "Hot Spots". its the weekly guide for the area, also S. Florida Gay News. Hot Spots will give current information on "family friendly" clubs restaurants and places to stay.

You will find a lot more going on in Ft Lauderdale than Miami. If you're looking for good Cuban food, little Havana is the place to go. It's a good 4-5 hours one way , to Key West from Miami but a beautiful drive if you have the time.

Good Luck

D&J

We lived in South Florida up until 10 years ago. Our information is dated, but

google "Hot Spots". its the weekly guide for the area, also S. Florida Gay News. Hot Spots will give current information on "family friendly" clubs restaurants and places to stay.

You will find a lot more going on in Ft Lauderdale than Miami. If you're looking for good Cuban food, little Havana is the place to go. It's a good 4-5 hours one way , to Key West from Miami but a beautiful drive if you have the time.

Good Luck

D&J

Thanks that's great info! will definitely check out those sites! out of interest how safe is it to walk back to a hotel from a club on ocean drive? eg say im out of an evening in that main bit on ocean drive up to about the junction with 13th st but I stay in a hotel around 19th st junction with colins ave then would you say I'd need a taxi or would it be absolutely fine to walk?

Thanks that's great info! will definitely check out those sites! out of interest how safe is it to walk back to a hotel from a club on ocean drive? eg say im out of an evening in that main bit on ocean drive up to about the junction with 13th st but I stay in a hotel around 19th st junction with colins ave then would you say I'd need a taxi or would it be absolutely fine to walk?

Ocean Drive is loaded with friendly tourists, ditto Lincoln Rd. Collins not so much.

D&J

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone- not checked in for ages but it's getting a bit closer. As for the excursion stops in Europe the one thing I can definitely say is I would NOT recommend the hop on hop off bus in Malaga- it was the most boring trip I've ever been on and as an ex Holiday Rep I've done my fair share of trips lol. This time I think I might look at escaping Malaga to Ronda however if you are staying in Malaga there is excellent tapas in the Mercado Central de Atarazanas and the square by the Cathedral and Bishops Palace is very pretty.

Thanks for the Malaga info! It's getting closer, woo hoo...

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone! We are back online... See you all soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back ..... I can tell you all about Ovation when we meet on Harmony! [emoji2]

Edited by saffikins

• 2 weeks later...
Who's getting the drink package and how about the dining packages? buy ahead of time or wait 'til on the ship?

Bought the drink package couple weeks ago given the current promotion. I want to go to most of the restaurants but haven't pulled that trigger yet.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Bought the drink package couple weeks ago given the current promotion. I want to go to most of the restaurants but haven't pulled that trigger yet.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

We will be doing MDR or Windjammer most of the time.

D&J