Help Please - Leaving child at home

Hi all,

Looking for some advice please, my husband and i are booked on cruise Jan 2016 and we are leaving our son (will be 18 months old) with my parents in the UK.

I am looking to purchase travel insurance to cover the holiday as normal however to cover return flights should an emergency regarding our little one require us to come home. I am sure that nothing would ever happen but want to have it covered just in case.

Has anyone ever bought anything similar or can point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance

Jo

This is Staysure's standard terms:

"b) Trip interruption

What is covered:

We will pay up to £1,500 if you need to return unscheduled to your home country during a trip because of:

a) the death, imminent demise, or hospitalisation due to serious accident or illness, of a close relative;

b) accidental damage, burglary, flooding or fire affecting your home during your trip, when the loss relating to your home is in excess of £1,500 or your presence is required by the Police in connection with such events."

In other words, it's a standard part of the policy. I think it's standard in most UK policies, so get your quotes as normal and then study the small print.

Caveat - if your child has any pre-existing medical conditions, you need to tell the insurer in advance.

Edited by dsrdsrdsr