BEaches near St. George w/ Umbrella Rentals??

richs52

Could anyone let me know what beaches in/near St. George rent beach umbrellas? We will be in St George next week off the NCL Majesty and need to know which beaches have facilities to rent an umbrella (VERY sensitive skin).

Tobacco? St. Catherines? Clearwater?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply...how much are we talking?

Unfortunately, I think trying to find a beach umbrella at this time of year in Upstate NY is pretty unlikely for me.

No try your local discount store(or even rite aid or CVS or Brooks). It was $15.00 dollars if I remember correctly and NOT negotiable.

Where in Upstate?

It depends on which beach. If I remember correctely, Horseshoe Bay is the most expensive and you must leave a deposit. The most resonable is Elbow Bay at $7 and no deposit. St Catherine's was $10 and no deposit. I wish we has brought an umbrella at Target last month when we sailed on Radisson. We are on the cruise after you, then also on VOS 11/13 and will bring umbrellas this time.

Actually more practical and easier to cart around is a collapsable sun shelter- looks like a little half tent. It is easier to use on windy beaches and folds/rolls up pretty compactly. I even take it when I fly to beach destinations. In bermuda places won't rent umbrellas if it is too windy- which it often is in September/october. Also you then have the flexability to go whereever you want- not just where they rent things.

Actually more practical and easier to cart around is a collapsable sun shelter- looks like a little half tent. It is easier to use on windy beaches and folds/rolls up pretty compactly. I even take it when I fly to beach destinations. In bermuda places won't rent umbrellas if it is too windy- which it often is in September/october. Also you then have the flexability to go whereever you want- not just where they rent things.

Where are these sold?

I bought mine years ago (like 10 years ago) at tjMaxx believe it or not. The nylon is as good as new- popped it in the wash last night in anticipation of tommorrows trip. Do a google search for shade tents or small cabanas and I bet you'll find some unline. Best of Luck!

Archived