Seawind Aviation - Input Please

taliho621

Good morning folks. I am looking for actual feedback from actual people who have actually used Seawind for a Misty Fjords flightseeing excursion. I know there are other providers, but these guys are the ones that work out for us.

(Please no trolling about how awesome Michelle is at Island Wings. They did not have enough seats available for us on the day we will be in port).

I have reviewed these boards, as well as all the positive reviews on Tripadvisor (they are ranked right behind Island Wings), but what I am hoping to find out from you all is information on the mid-flight landing. Their website says that we will be able to get out of the plane, and some have discussed the midpoint landing in their reviews, but I am unclear as to whether we will be (a) just standing on the pontoons, (b) on a dock in the middle of a lake, or © able to get onto land/island/rocks. I do not want to spend all that money and not be able to get out and take a good look around.

As to the floating dock, have others been there, rather than on actual land? Do we miss out by doing that instead of an island?

PS - I understand that all the pilots say that if there is wildlife activity in the area, they will not bring us to land. Is that a real possibility?

As always, that you in advance for all of your help.

We did their Misty Fjord flight in 2011 and loved it. We were picked up at the rain gauge sign. We went to their office and dock. There were nice restrooms to use and an office where you could buy t-shirts. Then we boarded their plane. It was a great flight with smooth landings. The pilot explained that all the Misty Fjord flights take the same path. About halfway through he selected a landing sight. We motored over to land and we stepped out onto the pontoons, and then he took our hand and helped us step onto land. I think I might have stepped in about 1 inch of water and then we were on dry land. We took some pictures and enjoyed the quiet. Then after a bit we reloaded in the plane and continued on our way.

We enjoyed them so much, we have booked them for Traitor's Cove for our upcoming Alaska trip.

There are some pictures of our Misty Fjord trip in the link below. I forget which book it's in. Our Alaska trip was in 2 photo books because I took too many pictures to fit them all in one photo book. Seems like they are in book #1.