What can you tell me about Aquatots and pools on Enchantment?

BethCarp

We are planning on sailing the Enchantment when our younger son will be 2-1/2 years. We are debating on whether or not to take him with. We will be bring our then-6yo son. It's a shorter cruise-only 5 nights.

I've been looking on the RCI site and I've read about the aquatots program and it sounds great. After a search here, I've not found a lot of info from people who have actually used it. Are there several sessions a day, or just one? Do you have to sign up? Is there an extra cost?

And what about the new pool area? There seems to be a new splash pool, which to me, would appeal more toward babies and toddlers. I know about the the "no pull-ups" rule in the pools, but was wondering about this area. There's also an artist rendering of a woman and her baby floating on a raft in the pool, which contradicts the "no pull-up" rule.

I'm really hesitant to bring him, yet feeling guilty about leaving him. I'm trying to get the most info about this that I can. From the looks of it, it appears there's a lot for him to do, including pools. But, I'd hate to get there and find out that indeed there is no pool for him.

Hi Beth

I was on the Enchantment on the 8/30 5 night sailing out of Boston. While we left our 23 month old DD at home with friends, I did check the Cruise Compass to see how the aquatots program worked.

It looked like they had 2 sessions each morning- one for 6-18 months and one for 18-36 months, each for 45 minutes. If I remember correctly, the younger class was 8:30am-9:15 and the second class followed it.

As for the splash pool, it reminds me of Epcot's splash zone, where there are several sprinklers set up that shoot water up from the ground. Since you're not actually submerged as you are in a pool, I can't imagine that babies and toddlers would be prevented from enjoying this even if they are in diapers, but to give fair warning, I never asked or got close enough to read any posted signs.

Hope this helps and have a great trip!

Wendy

We travelled with my BIL and family (including their then almost 1YO) a few months back. BIL and his DD had a great time at their play dates with the Aquatots program. It was once a day for a little over a half hour or so. They liked the toys and the safe environment the program offered.

It was a cool weather itinerary so no one (other than my slightly crazed 9YO) used any of the pools or water features so I cannot answer your other question.

Archived