NCL excursions Ocho Rios -bobsled at Mystic Mountain

lynnquenby

Does anyone know if NCL are doing this tour for their winter 15/16 itineraries when calling at Jamaica??

Our party are interested in doing this and I've looked at doing Independently but they are saying if you are on a ship to book via them, but it's not available in MyNCL??

if anyone has any info they can share that would be appreciated, as I know that they were running this in Caribbean earlier this year

Thanks

Does anyone know if NCL are doing this tour for their winter 15/16 itineraries when calling at Jamaica??

Our party are interested in doing this and I've looked at doing Independently but they are saying if you are on a ship to book via them, but it's not available in MyNCL??

if anyone has any info they can share that would be appreciated, as I know that they were running this in Caribbean earlier this year

Thanks

If you do a google search there is lots of info including reviews on Tripadvisor.com

Find the address for Mystic Mountain then address for the port, then use google maps to see how far, maybe you can do it on your own from the pier by cab.

This tour is available here:

http://www.viator.com/tours/Ocho-Rios/Ocho-Rios-Shore-Excursion-Bobsledding-Tour-at-Mystic-Mountain/d434-5189PRTOCJBOB

This is JMO, but I liked the tubing on the White River much better than Mystic Mountain (although the zip lining at Mystic Mountain was one of the better zip line trails we've done.) The ride up on the ski lift is very scenic. The bobsled thing at Mystic Mountain is kind of like a kiddie roller coaster. It's fun, but compared to roller coasters in the US, it's more like the kind of roller coasters that were around in the early 1970's. Still, we went a couple of times since we were there and had the time.

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering the same thing... How to book a bobsled excursion in Ochos Rios, Jamaica. It was the sole reason we booked our cruise! Then after booking (Feb 6, 2016 Norwegian Spirit) I couldn't find the excursion listed! I actually called the Viator Company and they said to book directly through our cruise line because we would get a lot better price. I'm going to wait a few more months and if it doesn't show up on Norwegian's excursion list then I will attempt to book directly through Viator. You would think that bobsledding would be such a popular attraction that there would be no hassle making reservations? Sheesh. Thank Goodness, we're not cruising with Carnival because the website says it will not book for Carnival cruisers. Hopefully, this will all work out.

I want to do the bobsled as well, but it seems it is no longer offered by NCL. I have no idea why when they offer the zip lining and river tubing from the same location. I found a private company I am considering. They are well rated on Trip Advisor and they offer any combination of Mystic Mountain activities. I do hear that bobsled lines can be long so plan accordingly. I am considering the bobsled and Dunn's River Falls combo. Here is the link:

http://www.ochoriostour.com/mystic-mountain-jamaica.htm