Drink package question...

palmtree99

You'll be able to. Just do not blantly buy a drink right infront of the barkeep. I would buy one and walk down to another bar and hand off the drink. They do not limit how much you can buy... trust me. ;)

I'm cruising the breakaway in July and had a question about the drink package. I have it, but another couple I'm cruising with doesn't. Will I be able to get drinks for them? How strict are they with this?

From NCL website

The Ultimate Beverage Package Terms & Conditions

Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $11 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board.

A sticker will be placed on your guest key card to identify that you have purchased this package.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $11. One (1) beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $11 will receive an $11 discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account.

A 18% gratuity will be added to all package purchases; your check may reflect applicable VAT for certain ports or itineraries. Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise. Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions may apply. This package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings that are two (2) days or less and Pride of America. Guests purchasing this package on board during the dates of March 1st through April 15th will only be able to purchase on embarkation day.

*Effective for Norwegian Sky sailings booked on or after 4/22/15: FREE Ultimate Beverage Package for sailings on or after 1/1/16. See full Terms & Conditions

You'll be able to. Just do not blantly buy a drink right infront of the barkeep. I would buy one and walk down to another bar and hand off the drink. They do not limit how much you can buy... trust me. ;)

if you do as suggested above I would definitely be sure to tip the bartenders, however will the extra steps/chance of getting caught be worth it? remember there are cameras everywhere in public areas

if caught you won't be thrown overboard, but your drink package could be revoked.

I'm cruising the breakaway in July and had a question about the drink package. I have it, but another couple I'm cruising with doesn't. Will I be able to get drinks for them? How strict are they with this?

You are not supposed to but I guess in theory you could, I was told them I'll ask Cruise if somebody saw you doing it they could take away your sticker