Dream Vacation May17th -24th

card61

We just got off the Dream yesterday and we thought it was a great ship and loved the whole week. I did lots of reading before we set sail and found most of the negative reviews not to be true for us.

All the staff were happy and friendly. We had warm food in the dining room and felt like we had lots of choices.

We were always able to have a seat on the deck to get some sun. We did wait in line a few times , but not a deal breaker at all.

The shows in the Encore were above average with the exception of the Country music night. Loved the movies on deck . We had our 21 year old daughter with us and her friends . They loved the piano bar and loved Barry, yes he isn't the best singer on the ship but very talented and entertaining. That is where the young adults in our group hung out.

We were in a group of 10 and thought it was a above average cruise .

Our room was always clean and didn't see out steward much but that is okay with us.

I will be glad to answer any questions.

We would sail the Dream again loved the whole week.

Thanks for the review. To pick your mind - curious as to how embarkation was. When did you arrive, and how crowded was it? We sail on the Dream in January, and plan on getting there around 10-10:30 AM. Other option is arriving after 1 PM. Would like to do the 10 AM, but not if it's overly crowded.

We got to the port around 10:00 , due to convention in town. The men dropped us and all the luggage off and then went to Fulton's garage to park. We had to wait until they returned before we got in line so we were on the ship by 11:15 and were eating by 11:45. It went very smoothly . Fulton's garage was great

We got to the port around 10:00 , due to convention in town. The men dropped us and all the luggage off and then went to Fulton's garage to park. We had to wait until they returned before we got in line so we were on the ship by 11:15 and were eating by 11:45. It went very smoothly . Fulton's garage was great

Thanks for the reply. Agree about Fulton garage. Parked there on our first cruise and will do so again on our upcoming cruise.

Did you find the music by the pool to be exceptionally loud?

I sailed her last summer and the only complaint I had was that the DJ played the music by the pool TOO LOUD. And it was club music. I am a musician so I know how to "rock out" a crowd, but at the same time, I am sensitive to the overall volume and want my guests to be able to communicate with each other. I know I sound like a grouchy old man, but I thought the volume could have been a little lower. At the pool bars, I always had trouble communicating with my friends and with the bartender. I always had to yell out my drink order 2-3 times.

We'll be sailing her this Sunday. If it is like that again, I will say something to the DJ. I long for the reggae bands or at least a bit more "beach" music by the pool. Bob Marley, Van Morrison, Jimmy Buffet, etc.

I didn't think the music was too loud, lots of noise close to pool with all the people.

Our cabin was plenty cool , I was usually cold when going to sleep , but in the night it would get stuffy and a little warm by morning , just should have adjusted the temperature .

We were in cabin 2255 on Main deck good location. Easy to get to our room and back to Lido deck in a hurry.