Hotel Recommendations - Oakwood Plaza area Fort Lauderdale

sprockie

Looking for some recommendations for hotels in the Oakwood Plaza area. We've stayed at the Holiday Inn on Sheridan St., but wondered if there is something else that's highly recommended in the area.

We like the Springhill Suites by Marriott. Large rooms, microwave & coffeemaker, free wi-fi, good free breakfast, great staff (always handing out free bottles of water), free airport and pier shuttles. Well organized for cruisers.

Only negative - no dining options (except breakfast), but plenty nearby in Oakwood Center.

Yes, we're not worried about dining options - we'll have a rental car, but I do like breakfast included - and something more than cereal and stale muffins would be great!! A decent pool area is also a must because we travel with our two kids.

We stayed at the La Quinta at the south end of Oakwood Plaza. I don't recall if it had free breakfast because we went to IHOP (kind of a vacation tradition lol). Nice pool area and the backdrop is nice with that waterway right behind you. Quick trip around the corner to the Ale House or Fridays at Oakwood.

Since you have wheels, you might consider the Homewood Suites, a mile or so north of Oakwood at Griffin. One of my favourite hotel brands, although we haven't stayed at this specific one. Nice rooms and free breakfast.