Can We Use TA OBC for Butler/Concierge Gratuity?

Regguy

Having done some searching, it looks to me as though some TA provided OBC is restricted and some is not with respect to how it can be used. Most of the threads I could find are asking about paying the daily service charge. Assuming that I have the good kind of unrestricted OBC. Can it be used to pay gratuities for the suite service providers?

I guess this is just an end-around to ask about the mechanics of the Butler/Concierge tips. Can they simply be added to the stateroom and settled with OBC, or do most people bring cash specifically for that purpose?

Yes, any OBC can be used for gratuity, including non-refundable OBC. I just did this last week. My TA gave us refundable OBC, which I used for the DSC and some non-refundable OBC, which I used for on-board purchases and additional staff gratuity (above DSC). P.S. You have the give the staff members first and last name and position and sign a receipt.

Edited by theloo

We use OBC for the Butler and Concierge almost every cruise. Just go to Guest Services and tell them what you want to do. You need the name and position of the person you want to tip. They will complete a voucher, have you sign it and give you a copy to give to the person so they know the tip will be in with their pay. I bring small Thank You cards to put the receipt in before presenting it to the recipient. :)

We use OBC for the Butler and Concierge almost every cruise. Just go to Guest Services and tell them what you want to do. You need the name and position of the person you want to tip. They will complete a voucher, have you sign it and give you a copy to give to the person so they know the tip will be in with their pay. I bring small Thank You cards to put the receipt in before presenting it to the recipient. :)

I thought the receipt was just for my own records, but it's not a bad idea to put it with a thank you card. I gave the gratuities to Splash Academy staff and they were closed up by the time I got to guest services.