NCL Pride of America Pizza vs Personal Sized Pizza

fatherlu

Hello. I'm traveling on the Pride of America next week. With the recent menu and room service charges, I'm a bit confused. I recently saw a sample menu with "personal sized pizza." Does anyone have direct knowledge on what the difference between the regular pizza delivered (at least in the past) for $5 versus the personal sized pizza on the new menu with its own room service fee?

I can actually reply to my own thread after getting the information from the pre-concierge desk. The concierge told me that NCL has done away with the large pizza (the one that they charged $5 for delivery) and have now replaced that with the personal sized pizzas with the $7.95 room service charge. So you can order many of those pizzas or just one and the same $7.95 per order charge applies.

The bright side for suite/haven guests is that ordering pizza will no longer incur any charge (as opposed to $5 in the past).

Just a side note. I'm not sure if you have had the NCL pizza in the past but it's nothing to write home about.

I totally agree with the above, even the buffet pizza is not good and the LaCucina is not much better either.

This is one area that NCL is lacking over Carnival that has a pizza station in the buffet area that's made while you wait unfortunately it can be a wait but if there is a wait it must be good which it is.

Good info, thanks.

Just a side note. I'm not sure if you have had the NCL pizza in the past but it's nothing to write home about.

I'm also kind of particular about my pizzas--having lived in NY for 5 years. My kids though, aren't quite there yet...and they can eat all sorts of pizzas...at anytime of the day.

I'm also kind of particular about my pizzas--having lived in NY for 5 years. My kids though, aren't quite there yet...and they can eat all sorts of pizzas...at anytime of the day.

What is your favorite pizza restaurant in NY? We are staying by the WTC before our Bermuda cruise and Times Square after!! Thanks!!

What is your favorite pizza restaurant in NY? We are staying by the WTC before our Bermuda cruise and Times Square after!! Thanks!!

In NYC, so many good places but some more popular ones are: Di Fara Pizza, Rubirosa and Totonno's.

I lived in a place call North Babylon on Long Island and am partial to a hole-in-the-wall place there call Carlucci's Pizzeria. For breakfast, I go next door to Wally's Bagels.

Don't expect you to drive to Long Island for pizza but if you stick to one of the three I listed in NYC, you should be good.