Dolphin Encounter in Bahamas??

mkeymse

Has anyone done the dolphin encounter in Nassau or Freeport? We will be sailing on 10/30 aboard the Fantasy and I have a 3 year old. He has been begging us to swim with the dolphins (he saw it on tv) and I see that the close encounter is one of the excursions in both ports. I know this is just being in the pool with them but has anyone done this? Has anyone done it with a 3 year old?

We did the Dolphin encounter in Nassau and it was fabulous. We stood on a platform that was about 3 feet in the water and the dolphin danced with us, kissed us, we fed him etc. It really was a fun time.I haveattached a picture of us doing the dolphin encounter sorry about the poor quality of the pic, not sure if I know how to attach and edit pictures very well yet. We loved it!!!!!! But there were no children there that afternoon. I don't know what their rules are on kids. But you can do a search on the blue lagoon dolphin encounter on Google or somewhere and see their website. Have fun! :D

823660616_DolphinAndy.jpg.a4b573403ce24cf640a5ea95396cea8b.jpg

Here's their website:

http://www.dolphinencounters.com/

Cousins did this and loved it. We simply took the tour over to the island. The boat ride was soooooooooooooooooooooo slllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooowwwwww,

and the water was too warm, but it was July. Others in my party did the stingray thing there as well.

Here's their website:

http://www.dolphinencounters.com/

Cousins did this and loved it. We simply took the tour over to the island. The boat ride was soooooooooooooooooooooo slllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooowwwwww,

and the water was too warm, but it was July. Others in my party did the stingray thing there as well.

Thanks for the link. I've been debating about booking this excursion and through the website it is considerably cheaper than going through Carnival.

Is there any reason that it would be better to go through Carnival??

Thanks- Laura

I took this excursion several years ago with my wife. I wasn't crazy about it. First we got in the water, and I had aranged with another person to take my picture. Well they went in first, and I took their picture, but when they were done, the staff was VERY rude to him because he was staying to take our picture. They also were very high pressur on you buying pictures from them that were IMO extremely overpriced.

I don't remember what time we were supposed to leave, but we were all standing on the dock. We could see our boat just sitting there. The ride took forever, and all of us were afraid we would miss the ship. 45 minutes later, a guy gets on the boat, and comes over to get us. We didn't miss the ship, thankfully, but only because they must have called the ship, since the ship did leave later than it was supposed to.

Overall they were very rude across the board. They may be better now.

Have fun no matter where you do this.

Archived