Beach Help!

pjinaz

Please help me. We will be in Grand Cayman in a few weeks on the Rhapsody. Have been reading posts here for quite a while. Rum Point sounds great, but I don't really want to rent a car and drive all the way there as I have two children that I plan on leaving on the ship for a couple hours, so we can catch a couple hours of beach time.

Have been to Grand Cayman before and did a beach thing that was not very nice, it was on 7 mile beach, but the place was junky, crowded and dirty.

Was thinking about a day pass at Hyatt, but read some bad stuff about that. Anyone know of hotel who had day pass or rents out chairs etc. for a couple hours.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, also heard something about Senor Frogs or one of those in GC, is that correct?

Thanks,

Pam

I read that the Hyatt was very crowded and not very nice. A few months back people on the boards were saying it was nice, but I think back then the Hyatt was partially closed from the hurricane damage, maybe its up and running now and so full???

Anyone else have any experience with the Hyatt?

Thank You for your help. My NCL port information says that we will be in Georgetown, is there more then one port in Grand Cayman?

So, when the ship docks, we walk off, find a taxi (where???) tell the driver we would like to go to Sea Grape Beach or Courtyard Beach and off we go!!

What should the taxi cost? How far are these beaches from the port area?

Which Beach would YOU prefer or are they both very nice?? Is there a fee to enter the beach?

Are these two beaches near each other? Which one is "prettier"???

Thank you VERY MUCH for ALL your help!!!

Suesan:) :) :)

Thank You for your help. My NCL port information says that we will be in Georgetown, is there more then one port in Grand Cayman?

So, when the ship docks, we walk off, find a taxi (where???) tell the driver we would like to go to Sea Grape Beach or Courtyard Beach and off we go!!

What should the taxi cost? How far are these beaches from the port area?

Which Beach would YOU prefer or are they both very nice?? Is there a fee to enter the beach?

Are these two beaches near each other? Which one is "prettier"???

Thank you VERY MUCH for ALL your help!!!

Suesan:) :) :)

No, there is only one main port for cruise ships. You will be dropped at the main tender area and you will find many taxis available. You will get off your tender and walk up toward the street. All the taxis and vendors will be right there. Just tell them where you want to go and one of the guys will say come with me and lead you over to his taxi. He may want to wait a couple mins so he can get some other fares. They have small bus type vehicles that can hold about 8 or so. The fare is $4 one way per person. They will take you right to the beach you want to go to. Sea Grape and Courtyard are essentially identical in beach sense... water, sand, view are all the same. They are located adjacent to each other about 1,000 feet between the two service areas. I originally wanted to go to Sea Grape, but the first stop was at Courtyard, since we were coming from Hell and we just got out there. No biggie. We grabbed chairs and hung out. I had to walk over to Sea Grape to rent jet skis, since our guys were not doing so. There is no fee to enter or use the beach, so if you bring your towels and just lay them down you can do so for no fee. If you bring your own food and drink you can have a beach day for the cost of cab fare. It will take about 5-10 mins to get there depending on traffic. They are not very far and bring your camera. You will have great views of your ship.

"So, when the ship docks, we walk off, find a taxi (where???) tell the driver we would like to go to Sea Grape Beach or Courtyard Beach and off we go!!" - exactly!

http://caymanport.com/webcams.htm

Archived