Suggestions for Lombok Day

Hi there,

We are visiting Lombok - lembar ( Indonesia ) in September on board the Carnival Spirit. We are only in port from 8am to 6pm. Looking at options do there. Really love to do some snorkelling and swimming, bit of lunch.

Does anyone have any first hand experience at the place, maybe an email contact for a suitable guide. I understand you can get fast speedboat, driver etc to take you to the Gili Islands.

Obviously time is the factor. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

As you said time is an issue in Lombok. Traffic is a nightmare so we decided this was one place we would spend the extra to do a "ships tour" so as not to "miss the boat".

We chose the trip to the elephant park and would definitely recommend it to anyone remotely interested in elephants.

A very interesting bus trip to and from the park with a stop in the town on the way back.

The elephant park itself was just amazing. Great setting, great restaurant, great elephants doing rides etc. A memory we talk of often.

As you said time is an issue in Lombok. Traffic is a nightmare so we decided this was one place we would spend the extra to do a "ships tour" so as not to "miss the boat".

We chose the trip to the elephant park and would definitely recommend it to anyone remotely interested in elephants.

A very interesting bus trip to and from the park with a stop in the town on the way back.

The elephant park itself was just amazing. Great setting, great restaurant, great elephants doing rides etc. A memory we talk of often.

I thought the elephant park would be accessed from Benoa rather than Lombok, if going from Lombok you would have to catch a ferry to and from Bali and then cope with the traffic from the ferry. I have seen the queues waiting for the ferry to get over to Lombok, wouldn't want to risk it if on a cruise schedule.

Maybe Carnival offer it as a shore trip from Lombok? sorry if I have misunderstood.

I thought the elephant park would be accessed from Benoa rather than Lombok, if going from Lombok you would have to catch a ferry to and from Bali and then cope with the traffic from the ferry. I have seen the queues waiting for the ferry to get over to Lombok, wouldn't want to risk it if on a cruise schedule.

Maybe Carnival offer it as a shore trip from Lombok? sorry if I have misunderstood.

My sincere apologies, yes it was Benoa.

It must be my advancing years and retreating memory!!!