Can you change who gets UBP after boarding?

KTEJ

We booked two balcony rooms one with myself and DS with UBP promo one with my wife and DD with OBC promo. Any chance we can switch the UBP to my wife's card once we board?

The terms and conditions use words like "non-transferable" so I doubt you could change it on the ship. Anything is possible...

Since it sounds like one of your kids is 21+, can you not re-arrange the booking now so you and the wife are in one cabin and the two kids are in the other?

Sorry, both kids are under 21 that is why we booked the rooms with one adult and one child in each. They are connecting rooms and the kids will prob be in one and wife and I in the other but it would be nice if wife and I can both get UBP. No big deal if not my wife is not much of a drinker so the OBC is worth more than getting UBC in both rooms.

Sorry, both kids are under 21 that is why we booked the rooms with one adult and one child in each. They are connecting rooms and the kids will prob be in one and wife and I in the other but it would be nice if wife and I can both get UBP. No big deal if not my wife is not much of a drinker so the OBC is worth more than getting UBC in both rooms.

I thought if the rooms were connecting, you did not need someone over 21 in both rooms. Is that not the case? If it is, can't you switch so the you and your wife are in the UBP room?

I thought if the rooms were connecting, you did not need someone over 21 in both rooms. Is that not the case? If it is, can't you switch so the you and your wife are in the UBP room?

This.

OP - call up NCL and see what they can do.

What are Norwegian Cruise Line's Age Requirements?

All facts stated below apply at the time of embarkation.

Infants sailing onboard a Norwegian vessel must be at least six months of age at time of sailing. However, for voyages that have 3 or more consecutive days at sea, the infant must be at least 12 months old at time of sailing.

A minor is defined as an individual under 18 years of age at the time of embarkation.

A young adult is defined as an individual between the ages of 18 and 20.

Company policy dictates that a passenger under 21 years of age must be accompanied in the same or connecting stateroom by a passenger 21 years of age or older at the time of embarkation.

For passengers under the age of 18 traveling with an accompanying adult, who is not the minor's parent or legal guardian, a PARENT/GUARDIAN CONSENT RELEASE FORM (PDF) that authorizes the minor's travel and further authorizes medical treatment in case of an emergency must be delivered to a Norwegian representative at the pier during check-in. Failure to produce this letter at embarkation may result in boarding being denied, with no refund of cruise fare provided.

Note: Two people under the age of 21 may travel together in the same stateroom if they are a married couple and provide proof of marriage to a Norwegian representative at the pier before embarkation.

If you purchase it on board you don't have to have it assigned to the whole room. Or, that's how it works with the soft drink package.

UBP has different rules, you must purchase it for everyone in the cabin (UBP for adults, soda package for kids).

I booked through a TA and was told an adult needed to be booked,in each room. If anyone knows differently please let me know. Thanks!

You have a poor/incompetent TA. Call them and demand them to make the change. (You can't handle this with NCL directly because the TA owns your reservations.)

You might not be able to do checkin online with only minors in the second cabin but it can be done simply in the terminal.

Edited by Demonyte