birthday question...

Mommu98

My birthday is a week after we get back from our cruise. Because it's so near to sailing should i say something or just let it go? I don't wanna take away from my family's fun time on the cruise, but this will probably be the only Disney cruise we will take and i would like to celebrate while onboard. Thanks!

That's really up to you. DCL has no problem with doing a celebration--note it on your reservation or tell your head server after boarding and specify which night you want the celebration. We met a lady once who was 6 months from her birthday but was "celebrating" it on board.

Now, as to whether that puts the focus on you and detracts from the family....that has to be your call. The celebration on board isn't that big a thing---the servers sing HB and you get a mousse dessert (which most people do not seem to like). You can PURCHASE decorations or a cake if you wish, but they are not cheap. And honestly, the purchased cake is good, but you can get cake all over the ship....so unless you want the thrill of cutting into a whole cake it doesn't make sense.

Hi, our ten year anniversay was in March, we sailed the following December and celabrated it. :D Dh even gave the server my gift a head of time to present.

The dec dates just work better for us to vacation.

Edited by Gardeneroflove

We are sailing the week before our anniversary (the itinerary with the actual date didn't work for us). But I have it noted that we are celebrating our anniversary. They usually just bring an extra little dessert and sing a little song. Should be fun.