Price Of Photos On Carnival Ships

Raxter54

DW and I are sailing with our niece and her husband (their first cruise) and would like to get some 8X10's of formal night. When we sailed on the Serenade of the Seas, we paid $13 each for a couple 8X10s of our formal night, along with $5 for a nice folder to put them in that had a photo of the ship on the front and a map of the itinerary on the inside. What can we expet to pay on the Dream for photos? I know that the wi-fi and phone calls from Carnival ships are cheaper than RCI, not sure about the photos....

It's been a few years since we have cruised but that sounds about right. I know if you want a folder or a special picture frame to go with it, you will pay more. I think $13-15 sounds about right.

8x10's were always $20 each, no folder, on carnival, but it's been a few years.. 5x7, were cheaper.

In jan on RCL 8x10's were $22 or 24 each, I don't remember, I didn't buy any.

Tip. Bring your own camera, Ask another couple to take your picture, offer to take there's. bam done. for free.

If you catch the sunset in your room (balcony) you can ask the room guy to take a picture, or bring a tri pod.

There are many nice places to take pictures on ships. I like stair cases or outside with the ocean behind you.

Thankfully, dh isn't shy about asking people to take our pictures. If we get some good ones, then no need to buy. I've brought my tripod before.

On our last Carnival Magic cruise, Mar 9, 2015...

Welcome Aboard photo.....................16.19 (plus tax because was taken in Galveston)

1st Elegant Dining photo...................17.99

8 x 10's in front of backgrounds.........21.99

Gangway pictures taken at ports........17.99

Pirate picture taken at dinner............12.59

Hope this helps.

Edited by forwardcabin

Thank you all for your answers. Do they sell any kind of folder/portfolio to put your pictures in? If not, might have to bring something to keep them from getting creased in my suitcase....

If you purchase 10 pictures, they will, as a bonus, put your photo images on an USB drive shaped like a ship so you can make more copies when you return home. It's a great promotion. We have done it twice now. Reprints made turn out great!!