To North American Cruisers, What was Your Experience on P&O

C Cruise Dude

I'm curious how many Americans and Canadians sail on P&O. I would love to hear what your experience was. What sparked my interest was my own interest in sailing P&O, seeing videos of passengers waving British flags on departure and related to that idea the statement of a British passenger on my last cruise, who wondered how an American might feel in that environment. Please share your experiences.

We were on our first ever cruise on a 7-day P & O Adonia cruise to Norway last August. We were very cautious as we did not think of ourselves as "cruisers" but felt that this was the best way to see Norway before a planned trip to Scotland (my husband is of Norwegian descent). We read all of the reviews and the only negative reviews we saw of Adonia were that most of the passengers were over 50 (we are in our 60's) and that the majority are British. As we are "Anglophiles", have visited Great Britain many times, and have many British friends, this was a plus for us!

Our trip exceeded our expectations. The crew and passengers were all delightful. The scenery was marvelous. The food was excellent. We did book the Penthouse suite just in case it was all terrible (we could just stay in our suite if necessary!). We enjoyed it so much that we are now booked on a 14-day P & O Arcadia cruise to Norway, Iceland, Faroe Islands, and Orkney Islands in August this year. We booked a mini-suite this time.

We have now become cruisers! We were on a 16-day Seabourn cruise to New Zealand and Australia in February this year and will be traveling to Southampton and back on the Queen Mary 2 in August and September. We are booked on a Seabourn cruise to Panama in March 2016 and a Crystal cruise to The South Pacific in November 2016, Not only have we been sold on cruising but will choose a P & O cruise in the future if it fits our needs as well.

We were on our first ever cruise on a 7-day P & O Adonia cruise to Norway last August. We were very cautious as we did not think of ourselves as "cruisers" but felt that this was the best way to see Norway before a planned trip to Scotland (my husband is of Norwegian descent). We read all of the reviews and the only negative reviews we saw of Adonia were that most of the passengers were over 50 (we are in our 60's) and that the majority are British. As we are "Anglophiles", have visited Great Britain many times, and have many British friends, this was a plus for us!

Our trip exceeded our expectations. The crew and passengers were all delightful. The scenery was marvelous. The food was excellent. We did book the Penthouse suite just in case it was all terrible (we could just stay in our suite if necessary!). We enjoyed it so much that we are now booked on a 14-day P & O Arcadia cruise to Norway, Iceland, Faroe Islands, and Orkney Islands in August this year. We booked a mini-suite this time.

We have now become cruisers! We were on a 16-day Seabourn cruise to New Zealand and Australia in February this year and will be traveling to Southampton and back on the Queen Mary 2 in August and September. We are booked on a Seabourn cruise to Panama in March 2016 and a Crystal cruise to The South Pacific in November 2016, Not only have we been sold on cruising but will choose a P & O cruise in the future if it fits our needs as well.

Wow! That cruise bug hit you hard, I totally understand. Thank you for sharing such a great experience. Happy sailing. :cool: