Arranging transportation in Lisbon

winher

We will be travelling on the Rotterdam in October and arriving in Lisbon on November 3. Our flight leaves at 7am on the next morning. I am having difficulty in arranging transportation from the port to our hotel (either the Best Western Eduardo VII, the Clarion Suites or the Comfort Inn Embaixador). Does anyone have any information or an opinion about these hotels - ie. which is closer to the airport, nicer, etc? Any suggestions regarding arranging transportation between the port, possibly a 2 -3 hour tour of Lisbon, depositing us at our hotel and taking us to the airport the next day? I would appreciate any input that CC 'ers might be able to give me. Thanks!

You might want to check with Tours for You which was the company we used for a tour when we were in Libson during a TA cruise on the Jewel earlier this year. They did an excellent job of arranging a tour for 16 of us and had a guide and driver who both spoke good English. I don't know if they handle transportation only but combining it with a short tour of Libson might be something they can handle.

http://www.toursforyou.pt/Eng/indexeng.htm

Have a great next cruise.

Sorry about that. I tried the link before I posted it and it was working. I don't know if the email address I have will work either as it is off the same server but here it is.

nuno.tavares@toursforyou.pt

The company really did do a good job for us on our tour and this is the first time I have had problems getting to their web site. It may be they are having computer problems and will be back up soon.

Good luck and have a great next cruise.

Be sure to check out the guestbook on the web site. It has lots of other people who also had a good experience with this agency. Check the About us section and you will see a picture of the guide we had, Órvil A. Russo. If you can get him for a tour take him as he was excellent.

Have a great next cruise.

Thanks wwinfl91 for the information! I am currently conversing by email with Orvil Russo and am in process of confirming our reservations with them. What a load off my mind. I've read very good reviews elsewhere on CC about this company. Thanks for your help!

Do you have information about Lisbon hotels? Tours for You have recommended the Dom Carlos Liberty and others on their website. We also have reservations at the Clarion Suites, Best Western Eduardo VII and the Embaixador. I know it's only one night - but the night before an early transatlantic flight can be a challenge at the best of times. Thanks again for your input.

We didn't stay in any hotels on our stop there. We were on RCCL Jewel of the Seas and that was our first port after our Transatlantic cruise. I have had good luck reseaching hotels both here in the USA and elsewhere in the world at the Tripadvisor web site. Here is there link for Lisbon.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g189158-Lisbon_Estremadura-Vacations.html

I would suggest checking out that site for the hotels you mentioned above and see what others who have stayed have to say. Unfortunately none seem to have received great reviews but the Dom Carlos Liberty that Tours for You recommended was said to have undergone a recent renovation and might be one to consider because of that.

From our limited experience with European hotels they tend to have much smaller rooms and generally less amendities for a higher price than we are used to having in hotels here in the states. I suspect the really high end hotels are great but we can't afford them so my comment above applies more to the middle range ones.

Hope you have a really great trip and a great cruise. Glad I was able to help and hopefully Tours for You will come through for you the way they did for me.

• 1 month later...

Hey wwinfl91 - Just back from the Rotterdam Venice to Lisbon cruise and wanted to thank you for your recommendation of Tours for You in Lisbon. They were everything you said they were and more. We were met the minute we disembarked by Rita, who promptly took charge of all our luggage and set off for our hotel They had recommended the Dom Carlos Park Hotel and booked it on our behalf. It is a lovely hotel - not too large, well located, with a very friendly and helpful staff. Everyone there spoke very good English as well. They were able to check us in at 10am - which was a great help.

Rita had been giving us a bit of a tour on the way to the hotel and then continued after we had checked in. She customized it to what we were interested in and gave us a great overview of Lisbon. Her English is excellent, as well as her knowledge of the city. Her driving skills are also amazing - I would not want to drive through the small streets in the old town. She handled them like the professional she is. We'd love to come back when there is more time to really look around a bit more.

Orvil Russo was the gentleman that very patiently handled our correspondance by email. I think we killed a small tree by the time we had sorted out the Transfer, tour, hotel and our transfer to the airport the next day. They were very professional and helpful in all our dealings. I would not hesitate to recommend them to one and all. Hopefully we'll be able to come back again and utilize their services again. Thanks for the great information. Happy sails to you. Wini

• 1 month later...

The Tivoli 5* and their 4* annex, Tivoli Jardim (share facilities including a lovely garden and pool heated April - November) are both great. The Aerobus from outside the airport will drop you right outside and collect you from the opposite side of the road for a small fare.

Archived