Jacksonville- where to stay and park???

ccleveland

I'm taking a 5 day cruise in September in jacksonville and I'm wondering where are some good hotels? I'm hoping to find a hotel where I czn park my car there and not at the port? Or... should I park at parking only place for cruises...or... should I park at the port.

Please let me know your opinions! Thanks!

I went to school in jax many years ago. What kind of hotel are you looking for? Beaches? Downtown? Near shopping?

There's a cruise and park near the turn into the port. If memory serves me correctly, there should be a hotel between the port and 295.. Next to a Wendy's, but I can't remember it's name. I've never stayed there, but I'm pretty sure it caters to cruisers, based on its location.

Since youre asking for cruise parking as well, I'm assuming you have a car. The port can be reached taking 295 (old 9a) or 95 so anything off of those can get you there quickly. I've heard good things about Aloft in tapestry park. It's close to several places restaurants as well as the mall - town center (pretty outside shopping mall with many stores and restaurants). Downtown, there's the Omni I have stayed there and it's very nice. There's a bunch of hotels near the airport, including a Crown Plaza. The beaches will be the furthest away.

Jacksonville is a big place, size wise. I'd stay closer to the town center. It's not that far from the port, lots of shopping, and restaurants.

Have you checked out Park sleep cruise/fly? Those are hotels you can leave your car at. If you have any questions about those locations, let me know.

Edited by Angela61280

ccleveland;

I live just south of Jax. I'm at the cruise terminal area several times a week for work.

A new parking facility opened a few months ago, it's just across the street from the cruise terminal. Started out slow, but usage has increase dramatically since. Cost is $7/day; 1/2 the amount charged by the port. Shuttles are provided to take you to the terminal.

If you need more info, let me know. I'll be happy to stop by and get info, post it here for you and all to use.

I agree with Angela61280 regarding hotels/restaurants; check out locations at or near St. Johns Town Center. Lots of options and a quick 15 to 20 minute drive on 295 east beltway to the cruise terminal.

Good luck!

jaxparking.jpg.95a7ecc96579dd188922ca78c9749023.jpg

AHOY SHIPMATES

I LIVE IN JAX about 15 min from the pier. recommend you google AIRPORT parking and get LATEST info on costs oh Hotels and SHuttles to ship and costs. There are several Motels grouped around turn in to airport and are competitive. I have never heard any complaints about any of them. Parking is run by the local "MAFIA" and I would stay away from the lots that are by the port but NOT the port . Port parking is $15 a day. Double what it is about 6 miles away at the motel area. I have used the parking up by the motels for $7.i5 a day and had no complaints. ( most of the time my neighbor and I trade rides) ASK if you don't the info you need

http://www.parkingstay.com/p/jacksonville.html

Though the above info has not been updated in almost two years, it might help you get started in your search. The map will give you an idea of the "lay of the land" around the Jacksonville cruise port and the chart shows what each property offers either for free or for a fee (or at least did two years ago).

We have used the park and cruise package at the Jacksonville Plaza twice in the past, but the last time was over two years ago, so I can't speak to recent experience there.

If you want/need to make a "fast getaway" going home after the cruise, parking at the port is the best option, imo. We had to do that once as I had to be back at work early the following morning. It has been our experience that using a park and cruise package can delay getting on the road home by an hour or so. You have to weigh the value of your time vs the money saved using a park and cruise hotel package. (Most of the time for us, the park and cruise package wins.)

I went to school in jax many years ago. What kind of hotel are you looking for? Beaches? Downtown? Near shopping?

There's a cruise and park near the turn into the port. If memory serves me correctly, there should be a hotel between the port and 295.. Next to a Wendy's, but I can't remember it's name. I've never stayed there, but I'm pretty sure it caters to cruisers, based on its location.

Since youre asking for cruise parking as well, I'm assuming you have a car. The port can be reached taking 295 (old 9a) or 95 so anything off of those can get you there quickly. I've heard good things about Aloft in tapestry park. It's close to several places restaurants as well as the mall - town center (pretty outside shopping mall with many stores and restaurants). Downtown, there's the Omni I have stayed there and it's very nice. There's a bunch of hotels near the airport, including a Crown Plaza. The beaches will be the furthest away.

Jacksonville is a big place, size wise. I'd stay closer to the town center. It's not that far from the port, lots of shopping, and restaurants.

Have you checked out Park sleep cruise/fly? Those are hotels you can leave your car at. If you have any questions about those locations, let me know.

I have heard that the beaches are not near the port and you have to drive a little ways away to get to them. I'm looking for something near the port probably just to stay in because I will not get to Jacksonville until anywhere from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. so I really don't have time to go shopping except just to get to the hotel and maybe have dinner.

Thank you everyone else for your helpful info. I will go look at the places and ideas you guys have mentioned. I am looking at a more towards the port that way the morning of the cruise I can easily get to the port in park there for the shuttle service at the hotel could get us there quickly. I would much rather have to wait at the port for an hour or two to get on the ship rather than wait at the hotel for the shuttle but thr port is 15 per day :(

AHOY SHIPMATES,

i JUST FINISHED AN ANSWER TO YOUR SAME QUESTION ON ROLL CALL FOR

20 JUNE

sea ya

Thank you I found where you typed it and I bookmarked it so I can read it when I get a chance. Thank you though so much!

We are cruising out of Jacksonville for the first time in October. We will need two rooms the night before and perhaps post cruise as well. I would love to stay at a Marriott property because I travel for business and have loads of points. If it is FREE then it is FOR ME!!

There are a number of Marriott properties available. All look good on their site but you can't tell the location easily. I googled location of Jacksonville cruise port and got two addresses.

If anyone can make a suggestion on a good Marriott in a safe location with easy access to the port, that would be great! We will be driving. We have not decided if we are going to rent a car and then rent another for the drive back or if we are going to take our vehicle and park it somewhere. We had a not so good experience parking in New Orleans last time so we would like something inexpensive, safe and easy peasy.

Thanks!

we are cruising out of jacksonville for the first time in october. We will need two rooms the night before and perhaps post cruise as well. I would love to stay at a marriott property because i travel for business and have loads of points. If it is free then it is for me!!

There are a number of marriott properties available. All look good on their site but you can't tell the location easily. I googled location of jacksonville cruise port and got two addresses.

If anyone can make a suggestion on a good marriott in a safe location with easy access to the port, that would be great! We will be driving. We have not decided if we are going to rent a car and then rent another for the drive back or if we are going to take our vehicle and park it somewhere. We had a not so good experience parking in new orleans last time so we would like something inexpensive, safe and easy peasy.

Thanks!

ahoy shipmate,

i have never heard any negative feedback about any of the motels by the air/cruise port. Suggest you call them and inquire about shuttle service to port etc. I have never seen any marriot signs in that area . You still have plenty of time .

You have the addresses ,use map quest or google to see the location you like. They are all on a turnoff from i95 between airport rd and the cruise port(about 6 miles)

We are using Marriott Points and staying at Springhill Suites Jax airport.

They do have a shuttle to port or you can just take a taxi.

Being near the airport is it really busy around the hotel? Do you hear alot of airplanes around the hotel when your trying to sleep?

• 1 month later...

No, you can't use points for the cruise package - at least not on the site. Maybe if you call the hotel directly, you can work something out with them. I'm trying to book now and that option does not show in the list of booking with points options on the website.

The Springhill Suites Airport Jax has a park and fly rate but I'm not sure if you can use points for it. I can't tell if the shuttle is an extra cost or not. I will need to call.
Edited by saharaga

From what I can tell, only two Marriott hotels in Jacksonville offer a stay/park rate.

Courtyard Jacksonville I-295/East Beltway (currently pricing at $169/night. Not much cheaper than just booking a cheaper hotel and parking at the port IMO)

Carnival Cruise Package, 2 way transfer

Additional Information

Transportation to and from terminal are included, free parking

during your cruise at your own risk. Please advised staff of

car location, model and return date.

No meals are included with this package.

SpringHill Suites Jacksonville Airport (currently pricing at $144/night)

Cruise Package-r/t transport for 2 ppl, buffet breakfast for 2 guests daily, based upon availability, self parking

Additional Information

1 night accommodation, overnight parking, buffet breakfast,

airport shuttle, shuttle to attractions within 3-mile radius,

round-trip shuttle transportation to Port Cruise Terminal for 2

guests per room (extra charge for each additional guest)

http://www.parkingstay.com/p/jacksonville.html

Though the above info has not been updated in almost two years, it might help you get started in your search. The map will give you an idea of the "lay of the land" around the Jacksonville cruise port and the chart shows what each property offers either for free or for a fee (or at least did two years ago).

We have used the park and cruise package at the Jacksonville Plaza twice in the past, but the last time was over two years ago, so I can't speak to recent experience there.

If you want/need to make a "fast getaway" going home after the cruise, parking at the port is the best option, imo. We had to do that once as I had to be back at work early the following morning. It has been our experience that using a park and cruise package can delay getting on the road home by an hour or so. You have to weigh the value of your time vs the money saved using a park and cruise hotel package. (Most of the time for us, the park and cruise package wins.)

Edited by saharaga

I'm facing the same "dilemma" searching for Hilton Branded hotels and am really wishing I could "double dip" use points for the stay and parking. That will make me do the ultimate happy dance. I'm not leaving until end of November so I still have time, but the required points are so low right now I want to jump on it before they increase again.

Hi there....Going on the Fascination with my family in December. We are all flying into JX the night before. I will need transportation from airport to hotel, 4 rooms at the hotel, then transportation to ship. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

AHOY SHIPMATES,

I'M NOT BEING EVASIVE BUT YOU CAN GET UP TO DATE INFO BY DOING A GOOGLE SEARCH FOR AIRPORT AND JAX PORT HOTELS AND SHUTTLE SERVICES, BOTH FROM AIRPORT TO HOTEL AND HOTEL TO cruise port PORT. THESE ''PERKS'' CHANGE REGULARLY SO CALL NOW AND TALK TO HOTEL PERSONEL NOT A BROKER, TO GET ACCURATE INFO.

ALL OF THE HOTELS IN THAT COMPLEX HAVE GOOD REPUTATION AND PRICES ARE COMPETITIVE

THERE ARE A FEW RESTAURANTS IN WALKING DISTANCE(less than a block)

SEA ya