Horseshoe bay in Bermuda

Has anybody used RC excursion? Most people say it's not worth money as you can get ride for more than half the price. But I've also heard that the others drop you off at a hill that you have to go up & down where RC drops and pucks you up right at beach. Also with RC, can you extend stay to longer than 3 hrs? Any input from people who have done either or both would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bermuda is super easy to navigate around without using the ships tours. Buy one of the multi day passes for bus/ferry and go exploring. When we were there in 2010 there is a bus route (#7) that runs along the beaches on the far side of the island. Yes, you are right that it does drop you at the top of a hill that you have to walk down but down is easy...coming up, now that's another story :p BUT there are enterprising young men down there who for the paltry sum of $1 will ferry you up to the top of the hill to catch the bus again:D. HOWEVER don't try to return during the peak hours (boy did I learn!) the #7 will be constantly full when it gets there - I eventually had to take another bus that went to the dockyards - was longer and full of nicely dressed people coming home from work (sure they didn't like us sweaty, beachy peeps on their bus;)).

Go over to Hamilton by Ferry - you will love it. Didn't make St. George because in 2010 we were only there for two days and ran out of time:(

Bermuda is super easy to navigate around without using the ships tours. Buy one of the multi day passes for bus/ferry and go exploring. When we were there in 2010 there is a bus route (#7) that runs along the beaches on the far side of the island. Yes, you are right that it does drop you at the top of a hill that you have to walk down but down is easy...coming up, now that's another story :p BUT there are enterprising young men down there who for the paltry sum of $1 will ferry you up to the top of the hill to catch the bus again:D. HOWEVER don't try to return during the peak hours (boy did I learn!) the #7 will be constantly full when it gets there - I eventually had to take another bus that went to the dockyards - was longer and full of nicely dressed people coming home from work (sure they didn't like us sweaty, beachy peeps on their bus;)).

Go over to Hamilton by Ferry - you will love it. Didn't make St. George because in 2010 we were only there for two days and ran out of time:(

Late last year they began a private shuttle service for $16 round trip from the Dockyard that goes right down to the beach. Those are not part of the public bus system that has a stop at the top of the hill. The private shuttles drop off and pick up at the beach entrance.

Edited by Charles4515

Late last year they began a private shuttle service for $16 round trip from the Dockyard that goes right down to the beach. Those are not part of the public bus system that has a stop at the top of the hill. The private shuttles drop off and pick up at the beach entrance.

Where might we find these shuttles? I would like to take the ferry to St. George. Can I get still the tickets at the dock?

Thanks for the help.

Nan

Just off Liberty of the Seas and we we docked at King's Wharf. The shuttles are to the right when you exit the ship. There are buses there, but the shuttles are across the road and to the right. There are cab drivers and bus drivers standing there as you exit-just ask and they will direct you.

Edited to say that this is for Horseshoe Bay. Not sure where you can get a ride to St George other than the buses...again, just ask. Folks were very friendly.

Edited by MaryL31